Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured Id post this hear, sense my car is N/A and my mods are very simple....Simple enough for anyone to get. So heres my little video.......Hope you enjoy.

My car

EDIT: I know most of you want to know about the "black rsx"...So for those who haven't seeing these yet, here you go. This is me vs DC5 RSX......His ONLY mod over me at the time was the comptech race header. These were made to give you a real world example of how much the race header helps.

Do NOT save target as. You have to be a member of Imagestation to view these.....sorry
Me getting owned:(

·
Registered
144 Posts
when its kind of at the end, where it shows the tach only going past 100mph, is that the blue rsx? it pulls past 100 pretty quick, pretty nice vid.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
wow that black rsx was fast (were you really racing him), what kind of mods does he have?

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JASRSX said:
when its kind of at the end, where it shows the tach only going past 100mph, is that the blue rsx? it pulls past 100 pretty quick, pretty nice vid.
Yes, thats my car.......All the tach videos are my car.

The black rsx, aka DC5 RSX has everything I do, plus the comptech race header. I posted 4 different videos of us racing before. Ill put them in this thread in a little bit.....

Yes I was racing him! I didn't think I did that bad!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I didn't think the comptech race header would do that much. Do you have the stock header or shorty?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yea I think so. I just wish someone would make a header with the same setup but with a high flow cat instead. I really don't want my car to smell like sheeit and risk the chance of being fined.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Very nice video : 0

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
emfollin said:
I didn't think the comptech race header would do that much. Do you have the stock header or shorty?
In those videos I have the stock header with 2.5 inch piping bolted to the header, all the way back to an N1 turbo muffler. The race header makes a huge difference.

·
_
572 Posts
lil888chink said:
Not to discredit race header but isnt the black rsx running on 15" rims? Wouldnt that also make a difference since the weight is not as far from the center? Correct me if im wrong.
I thought he was on 16's

Regardless...DC5 RSX just seems to have one of the faster RSX's from the factory...i rarely see numbers as high as his for the mods he has...it's usually between 5 and 10 horses less.

·
EFI Tuning Professional
8,139 Posts
nice video. You do make some sick videos. you should come over here and teach me how to make a nice video

peace out
HARDCORE mikey

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
no I am not on 15inch rims, the type s calipers and rotors wont allow anything smaller than 16inch rims. So I have 16inch rota slipstreams, and no I didnt sell them they are still on my car. My time slips, dyno sheets, and pictures are linked in my sig if anyone is interested.

Great vid apexi! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There you go guys.......Any questions about the "black rsx" can be directed to DC5 RSX. His car is a "step up" from mine, but I still consider it to have the most basic of mods.

Those are 16's slipstreams....They are a little lighter then stockers, but it's not like I stood a chance anyway.

Micky,
If your ever in South Florida Ill be more then glad to help you out. Id love to check out your ride anyway;) Honestly though, I actually thought you might want those videos of me vs dc5.......My videos are about the only ones that show the difference between the race header and stock header. Just a thought.:driving:

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
emfollin said:
Yea I think so. I just wish someone would make a header with the same setup but with a high flow cat instead. I really don't want my car to smell like sheeit and risk the chance of being fined.
You have 700+ posts and you dont know that you can use a high flow cat with the Jackson Racing Race Header:confused: Maybe Im missunderstanding you.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
We all know the Comptech produces better gains especially below VTEC so I wish someone would, or if it was even possible, to make a header the same design as the Comptech but with a high flow cat. The JR header isn't the same design as the Comptech.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts