Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 type-s and my factory locks don’t work at all
All fuses are changed, new actuators, and tested the power there is electricity going to them , but I can’t unlock or lock the car from the inside or from the remote. Only way to lock and unlock the car is by the key and having to open the passenger door manually any idea what it can be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have ordered a new security module that’s located behind the radio I’ve seen videos that it could be possibly be the reason

·
Registered
158 Posts
Did you check the battery in the fob? I would think that criss812 is on the right path as to part of the security system. Have you pulled any codes on that. Green key Symbol in the dash is up to what? Relay OK? I think there is one. What happens when you hit the manual lock inside? Does everything lock? Sometimes it's right in front of you, sometimes not...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Manually the locks will lock but if I press the button to unlock or lock it does nothing ...that’s with new actuators,fuses and I’ve had the relays checked and everything is good power to everything it just won’t respond...the battery on the remotes were good but I replaced them on both keys and tried to have the remote programmed again but still nothing

·
Registered
158 Posts
When I said manually I meant the button on the armrest. So I'm clear. Something funny (?) that happened to me last night. I'm charging my battery in my 03 Type S...In the middle of the night the alarm went off waking up who knows. I hit the fob, ok fine. THEN it happened again a couple hours l8ter! so I pulled the - cable. Wasn't until this morning that I found out we were having power failures. Had to reset the clocks...Don't know how this helps? I blame you! lol I guess my point is the alarm is very sensitive? Whatever is the receiver of your signal is, is not liking you. Track it down I'm sure it ties into the transponder in the column. As to locking the car would also set the alarm....I'm with you on this one it's a stumper!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the button on the armrest don’t do anything but there is power going to them I even got a aftermarket alarm system and still locks don’t work ....I bought the security module hopefully it will fix the problem I really don’t want to go and have to pay 400+

·
Registered
158 Posts
400+ ouch! Take off the after market alarm...Was that put on after the fact? You should NOT need that! trust me as to last night. Factory alarm went off just to voltage regulation because the charger kicked on and off do to pwr outages (2). I know this because all the clocks had to be reset in my house. Still the alarm would not be such a factor if your in car buttons don't work either. At this point your throwing money at it. It's time to figure it out. I read back, have you installed the security module? Obviously your driving it so that takes out the immobilizer...Have you tried hitting lock and then opening the door? Did the alarm go off (factory). Will the car start even though it "thinks" the alarm has been set. Even though the doors don't lock? Get rid of the other alarm pull the fuse on it for starters, the wiring alone could still interfere w/ the factory system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts