Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 03 RSX-S and im looking for a quiet catback, but still needs to give me some Hp. Or should i get a custom piping and buy a muffler for it? Also im looking for some headers that will be smog ligeal for the state of CA. Thanks for any help you can give me!

·
Tennis Physicist.
7,446 Posts
Search will help as far as you personal preference goes buddy.
GReddy has 50 state-legal catback exhausts. A shorty header will be safe but the gains are no where to be noticed.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Yeah i played it safe with the header, not as much power gain as a race header but it will clear emissions tests. I got a JDM cat back and i thought it was very loud so i just put a scilencer in it and it cuz the noise level down drastically, now it has a deep low tone

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kool thanks for all the help guys i will just keep looking around see what i could find. I was thinking of doing a custom piping and go with a 60 Series Delta Flow from flowmaster. It seem quite on the website anyone heard one before?

·
Section 8
1,556 Posts
Kool thanks for all the help guys i will just keep looking around see what i could find. I was thinking of doing a custom piping and go with a 60 Series Delta Flow from flowmaster. It seem quite on the website anyone heard one before?
You won't be smog legal in CA with a custom setup, you will need a cert.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i had a 97 Honda civic with a full custom exhaust and it passed smog. Even at one point it became a gross polluter where i had to go to the smog referee. Had some engine work done and toke off the headers and then it pass even with the custom setup.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I also went with a shorty cuz stupid NJ has to have inspection every damn 2 years, and i dont wanna be crawln under my car in the winter or paysome one to pull the damn thing off, GOD i cant wait to get the hell outta this state!!!

·
Team evo
1,011 Posts
I also went with a shorty cuz stupid NJ has to have inspection every damn 2 years, and i dont wanna be crawln under my car in the winter or paysome one to pull the damn thing off, GOD i cant wait to get the hell outta this state!!!
that's what everyone says, you'll be back, and how hard is it to just find someone to pass you? I just passed with a full 3" with no cat :dontknow:

And second, if you search TS, you'll realize that you're in the wrong section to begin with, this is the Base Model Performance section :wavey:

Ever thought about a cut out, for when you want to make hp gains, and close it when you want to be quiet?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
No its not all that hard to find some to pass me up in Newark where i used to live, but im down in AC no and i only been here for like 3 months, so when my sticker was up didnt kno anyone down here. :thumbsdow n there is no way in the name of Jesus im driven 2 hours north to get a damned imspection sticker lol. If u kno a place that will allow me to slip em a lil extra cash n let me pass inspection wit a race header and its in south or central NJ please lemme kno:thumbsup:

·
Team evo
1,011 Posts
No its not all that hard to find some to pass me up in Newark where i used to live, but im down in AC no and i only been here for like 3 months, so when my sticker was up didnt kno anyone down here. :thumbsdow n there is no way in the name of Jesus im driven 2 hours north to get a damned imspection sticker lol. If u kno a place that will allow me to slip em a lil extra cash n let me pass inspection wit a race header and its in south or central NJ please lemme kno:thumbsup:
oh, don't know about down there, just keep your eyes open for a gas station with modified cars or muscle cars out front, and ask them, just be honest with them, do you have kpro, cause if you do, then you'll be fine if they don't use the sniffer, kpro makes everything come up N/A or not available when they run the computer test :thumbsup:

·
Section 8
1,556 Posts
Well i had a 97 Honda civic with a full custom exhaust and it passed smog. Even at one point it became a gross polluter where i had to go to the smog referee. Had some engine work done and toke off the headers and then it pass even with the custom setup.
Depends on how anal your smog guy is I guess.
I passed in my 93 accord ebay special muffler b4 too

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
I don't know how it is in New Jeresy, but in Washington we smog test every 2 years when the car is 5 years old/older. I did my first test last June. I reset the ECU a couple days prior to let it "forget" there was too much air with the RH, and put a defouler in just before the test. Passed, no prob. Right after, I went home and took the defouler out... Leave it in if you don't want the check engine light always on.

you'll be fine if they don't use the sniffer, kpro makes everything come up N/A or not available when they run the computer test :thumbsup:
They shouldn't use the sniffer with cars that are OBD2. The ECU is "smart" enough to tell the computer if the car passes or not.

·
Team evo
1,011 Posts
I don't know how it is in New Jeresy, but in Washington we smog test every 2 years when the car is 5 years old/older. I did my first test last June. I reset the ECU a couple days prior to let it "forget" there was too much air with the RH, and put a defouler in just before the test. Passed, no prob. Right after, I went home and took the defouler out... Leave it in if you don't want the check engine light always on.

They shouldn't use the sniffer with cars that are OBD2. The ECU is "smart" enough to tell the computer if the car passes or not.
yea except if they look under the car and see no cat or modified muffler here you fail

that's why I said if you have kpro take it to someone because kpro makes everything on the computer come up as N/A or Not Available :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts