Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the short story.

I bought a clear bra. I asked the dealer to call me if there were problems. I had the clear bra installed (no calls). The installation was VERY poor, and my car was damaged.

I don't want the same installer to re-do the installation. The installer wants to have my car be the 'demo' for an installation class (someone else would install on my car showing other installers how it works). Basically, the installer messed up.

I WILL NOT give my car to the installer for the day to take it to the location, etc. - I'd end up taking the day off work.

I'd like to have the clear bra replaced because he messed up the install.

I'd like to take the clear bra to someone else to have it installed.

I have a headache from trying to deal with this... Just looking for *reasonable* suggestions. The installer and I are both adults and thus far have handled the situation like adults...

I'm prepared to accept the loss and walk away, but I'd rather not do that since I don't feel this is my fault.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I left out an important point: He hasn't received payment for his labor yet. I explained I wasn't happy with the install and told him I'd pay half, but I couldn't pay in full until I was satisfied. He said OK, and then told me to just pay him in full when I was satisfied after it was redone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.