Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Whatcha gonna do?!
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I've googled it and still cant find it. Comptech website doesn't sell anything now since they were bought out. Any ideas would help. Thanx guys:beerchug:

G

·
Title says it all. I've googled it and still cant find it. Comptech website doesn't sell anything now since they were bought out. Any ideas would help. Thanx guys:beerchug:
The OEM replacement from K&N fits the Icebox (I'm assuming that's what you have) just fine with a bit of minor razor blade work.

·
DC5 Krew
2,827 Posts
basically what he said or call comtech and ask them if u can buy one or what u can use instead

·
Whatcha gonna do?!
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The OEM replacement from K&N fits the Icebox (I'm assuming that's what you have) just fine with a bit of minor razor blade work.
I still have my K&N from my stock box, so i'll just do that. Thanks for the help everyone!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
They switched into 2 entities. Comptech which builds engines and racing etc and then CT-Engineering for their parts distribution.

·
no longer moderate
5,145 Posts
They switched into 2 entities. Comptech which builds engines and racing etc and then CT-Engineering for their parts distribution.
They dropped the ball for to long, and the market is not the same as it was, and the chance of them being anything is a uphill battle. They would be better off having the dealers sell their stuff, and keep a low overhead, if they ever want to be anything, like they were before. Oh, and get off the high horse, and bring the prices down, or they will never have a come back!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
weaksos gave me a quote on comptech dual exhaust for my s2000..... i asked if it was ct engineering or comptech and they said comptech. might want to check them out

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
They dropped the ball for to long, and the market is not the same as it was, and the chance of them being anything is a uphill battle. They would be better off having the dealers sell their stuff, and keep a low overhead, if they ever want to be anything, like they were before. Oh, and get off the high horse, and bring the prices down, or they will never have a come back!!!
I don't actually see a come back happening. Just thought I'd clarify what happened to them.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Does anyone have pics of the modifications needed to a K&N or Spoon Filter to fit the box. Also does the Spoon foam filter need to be oiled? If so does it come with a charge kit?

Pics would be a major help i am receiving my used Comptech Air Box tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Also the only chance Comptech has at coming back will come from the S2000 and NSX groups. I see they are also starting a product lines for other vehicles.

·
Whatcha gonna do?!
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just swaped out the comptech foam filter for the K&N. No modifications for me. Fit almost perfect. Top was a little difficult putting back on but that was it. Very happy about that!

·
HT haterzz
3,990 Posts
Does anyone have pics of the modifications needed to a K&N or Spoon Filter to fit the box. Also does the Spoon foam filter need to be oiled? If so does it come with a charge kit?

Pics would be a major help i am receiving my used Comptech Air Box tomorrow.

They're like 98% the same. Yes they need to be oiled. If it doesn't come w/ a recharge kit pick one up at Autozone or your local parts store.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know what's the model number for the K&N filter that is the suggested replacement for the Comptech Icebox filter? I just went to a speed store and the closest K&N model they had was RU2520.

Thanks

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
trueflow makes good foam filters too, and have a cleaner kit specifically for foam i believe. they're hard to find though, you'll probably have to order them

1 - 20 of 32 Posts