Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just wanna pass on my story. i recently purchased greddy turbo and fmic from blackrsx. let me tell you he had the best price. better than ebay or groupbuycenter.com price. shipping was real fast. it took only 4 days of shipping. he can also hook u up with other parts too so if you guys need parts contact BLACKRSX.

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
hey BLACKRSX....how much for a Greddy FMIC and PRofec E-01?? PM me with the prices if you like!!!! thanks!

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
I got the Greddy kit, intercooler, type s bov with flange for 3150.00

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2200 is at the cost i think. and i am not sure if blackrsx is kewl with posting prices. if you guys need quote just pm him. and 3150 for kit, intercooler bov and flange is pretty good price. was it shipped though?

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
madkimchi said:
2200 is at the cost i think. and i am not sure if blackrsx is kewl with posting prices. if you guys need quote just pm him. and 3150 for kit, intercooler bov and flange is pretty good price. was it shipped though?
Nope....I gotta go to NYC and pick up it next week....The guy was telling me that now greddy is coming out with kits that include the intercooler and greddy type s bov...is this true?

·
///M
5,299 Posts
alright guys... so many rumors.. i need answers!! Is greddy kit good? There are so many horror stories..? How much HP will it push? Is there a lot of wear on the motor with a turbo? And how is maintentance? thanks..

·
Registered
503 Posts
Greddy kit is alot cleaner then the cybernation kit and fits and looks perfect on our cars. But its not going to be as easy to make power with the greddy kit like it would with the cybernation kit unless greddy comes out with kit upgrades. Many people have said its difficult to tune the emanage cause alot of car tuners don't have alot of experiance with it yet. Greddys turbo will start spooling as soon as you hit the gas I've heard, while cybernations T3/T4 will start spooling around 3,000 rpm. On another note greddys turbo doesnt give as much top end power as the cybernations turbo. AS for maitenance you gotta check oil every 2to3 thousand miles or sooner. And yes it will wear the engine alot more then normal. But it doesnt like there has been to many blown up engines from FI besides nitrous??? Now Back on topic...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i guess the question is is greddy kit worth it? i will probably have answer to that end of this week.

·
///M
5,299 Posts
So... If i were in the market for a turbo how much and am looking to spend for the parts..? $3000? And how about install? would a complete noob be able to install with help from a friend? I mean how hard can it be? Thanks...

·
2,524 Posts
i think it's important to add that the Greddy kit is capable of 400 WHP.......i would not go past 12 psi without upgraded internals...but even at 12 psi you are gonna get around 310-320whp.....thats nothing to sneeze at. And the greddy T51 turbo spools almost as soon as you step on the gas.....i can get my blowoff valve to open with about 1/8 throttle....spools very fast that is to 7psi...obviously the more boost you are running the longer it will take to spool up to full set boost, it will not be a really noticiable difference. The Greddy kit is upgradable....all you really need is internals and an upgraded fuel system to get to 400WHP.....(provided you have the Profec E-01 or a laptop)sure you can run a really high boost setting w/stock internals and get that...but you will pop your motor, just like the CN kit or any other turbo kit....same thing.

·
Tarmac meister
5,640 Posts
teamxrsx said:
i think it's important to add that the Greddy kit is capable of 400 WHP.......i would not go past 12 psi without upgraded internals...but even at 12 psi you are gonna get around 310-320whp.....thats nothing to sneeze at. And the greddy T51 turbo spools almost as soon as you step on the gas.....i can get my blowoff valve to open with about 1/8 throttle....spools very fast that is to 7psi...obviously the more boost you are running the longer it will take to spool up to full set boost, it will not be a really noticiable difference. The Greddy kit is upgradable....all you really need is internals and an upgraded fuel system to get to 400WHP.....(provided you have the Profec E-01 or a laptop)sure you can run a really high boost setting w/stock internals and get that...but you will pop your motor, just like the CN kit or any other turbo kit....same thing.
Greddy turbine itself is capable of 400 whp without an external wastegate? are we talking about the same T5-17z turbochager that come with the kit? pushing beyond 12psi without upgrading the Fuel return system would be on the edge, let alone netting 310-320 to the wheel. (I'd like to see some solid dyno numbers that is so far being missing from the picture) yes the Greddy kit is upgradable if you slap on some T3-T4 turbine with some 550cc injectors and fuel return lines (which this current kit is not designed to be with emmssions in mind)

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
Greddy kit is not capable of 400 whp.....at 12 psi the car is 310ish range..(dyno proven) we backed off the gas because of Severe leaning out. The injectors max will allow for 11psi safely but then without a fuel return line you shouldnt run 11psi daily. The Wastegate on the Greddy turbo allows a maximum of 15psi....that would be 350whp max given all fuel problems were taken care off...

·
2,524 Posts
Hmm...well then...i guess Kenji lied to me then....why don't you take it up with him......i said nothing about not needing new injectors....or a upgraded fuel system....read my post again please before the flaming begins. Kenji said that there is gonna be a upgrade soon....but since i know nothing...think what u want. :)

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
i wasnt flaming at all....i have already put my car on a dyno...the injectors are maxed out at about 11psi....

·
2,524 Posts
i don't know all the details of the stage 2 upgrade for our kits...but i do know that it is supposed to take us to 400whp. i guess we will all see when greddy releases the details. Arcticblue: i didn't mean to jump your shit dood. why not upgrade to the 550cc injectors? i am sure those will be the injectors used in the upgrade.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.