Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Never been a big fan of Fords either, actually I usually make fun of them, but the Fiesta ST is a pretty dope car. My buddy has one from 2015 and it's pretty much everything you're looking for. Quick and torquey, great gas mileage, decent space and head room

Edit: Saw you went with the Accord. Good shit. Honda fam stay true
Yea, the accord goes hard. I do miss the handling and revving the crap outta my RSX though.. It's just not the same!

IMO you can't go wrong with the 2015+ WRX. Especially if you live somewhere where it snows or rains a lot then yeah get that. Otherwise it's Golf GTI for refinement if you're into that or Fiesta ST for driving fun factor and budget.

·
RSX Offroad Crew
451 Posts
I talked to a guy who just took delivery of a brand new CTR the other night. Obviously it's a sexy ass car, but he's already had a couple of CEL issues and it has less than 20 miles on it. I'll be interested to see what people report back once these new CTR's have been on the road for +6 months.

·
RSX Offroad Crew
451 Posts
Says it's awesome to drive, the sport mode makes it feel like a track car. Loves the interior obviously, as a lifelong Honda guy, says it shifts really well.

And yeah that lap time is kinda suspect. I'd love to see that car side by side with a factory CTR, I bet there's a lot of differences (especially the tune)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I'll admit that I'm a lot less skeptical of the car in general and won't write it off as quickly as I normally would just because it's a FWD car.

But again, I can't believe that people are buying into that lap time. I'm not saying it's fake, but the stuff they did to it is basically cheating, especially if they're trying to pass it off as being basically stock just because it weighs the same. A truly factory CTR keeping up with the likes of a 2008 GT-R (480 hp) and 2006 Z06 (505 hp) -- both of which had countless hours of tuning on the 'Ring -- isn't believable. Don't be fooled by Honda's press releases, don't think for one second that the weight removal (AC, passenger seat, etc.) and roll cage (which they passed off as being for safety and compensating for the weight removed, even though the reality is that it better distributed weight between the axles and increased rigidity despite them claiming that it wasn't added for that reason) weren't strategic and didn't play a role in how much better it performed, especially when very few factory cars going for lap times had that treatment. Otherwise companies might as well just run rear-mounted battery kits and uninstall parts and toss them in the trunk for lap times under the logic of it still weighing the same as factory

·
Registered
25 Posts
CTR is a great car. I had an chance to drive it as it was my very close friend that works at DSRLeasing that has leased it for himself. Just amazing to drive it, you can really feel the car entirely.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts