Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking to update my ECU i have a 2002 acura rsx with a greddy t517z turbo

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  WorldsMostWanted 
#1 ·
looking to upgrade , would like some advice on what i should get thanks:)

#12 ·
A turbo kit without engine management is a ticking time bomb. Who cares if there was a time before k-pro? The importance is that it needs to be tunable. Each setup/engine will react differently, there is no reflash for turbos.

There are other EMS options such as AEM, I believe Haltech makes one as well (?). They're more expensive, though, and k-pro is the most widely accepted, easy to tune (relatively.)

#13 ·
You guys are missing the point. No one here is debating if the any other EMS is better than K-pro. I was pointing that you dont NEED K-pro to drive around with your turbo car IF you have a greddy turbo kit which come with their own standalone EMS/ECU unit. NO, obviously the greddy unit WILL NOT net you more gains vs K-pro or the AEM unit, hence the reason the O/P is asking for upgrade suggestions.

#15 ·
Emanage is a piggyback, not standalone. Thats why its a piece of shit. Hes asking for upgrade suggestions, and they have all told him kpro. Why do you think that is? Could it be because its the best, most user friendly thing out there? yes... If there was something else out there that was better people would be telling him to get that. Sure there are others... but none of them are even close to what kpro has to offer in terms of reliablity, price, ease of use. Not to mention he can find out anything he wants to about it right here.

So go ahead and try to argue that he could use emanage... but in the end you look like an idiot, and are giving really bad advice/ suggestion.

#14 ·
Ok then boss. You are saying there are no consequences to running a reflash for a turbo, I disagree.

Small differences in setup can mean the difference between stupid rich and dangerously lean, and you trust that greddy has come up with a map for both.

Op take this guys advice if you want broken stuff

#17 · (Edited)
Ok then boss. You are saying there are no consequences to running a reflash for a turbo, I disagree.

Small differences in setup can mean the difference between stupid rich and dangerously lean, and you trust that greddy has come up with a map for both.

Op take this guys advice if you want broken stuff
I never said there aren't any consequences?. Yes you are right, every motor is different. Actually I haven't given him any advice yet because everyone else has already answered his question. I stated a simple FACT, that K-pro is NOT absolutely necessary to run a boosted K-series motor, ONLY IF you happen to be using a GREDDY KIT which is stated in the title. I never mentioned it was safe, neither am I advising him to keep using it. My comment was directed to the users who said I hope your not running a boosted motor without K-pro, as IF he absolutely HAD to. Which is not the case.

Emanage is a piggyback, not standalone. Thats why its a piece of shit. Hes asking for upgrade suggestions, and they have all told him kpro. Why do you think that is? Could it be because its the best, most user friendly thing out there? yes... If there was something else out there that was better people would be telling him to get that. Sure there are others... but none of them are even close to what kpro has to offer in terms of reliablity, price, ease of use. Not to mention he can find out anything he wants to about it right here.

So go ahead and try to argue that he could use emanage... but in the end you look like an idiot, and are giving really bad advice/ suggestion.
Yes you're right, it is a piggyback EMS. My mistake master. However, considering that I wasn't debating whether K-pro IS or ISN'T superior to the Greddy EMS or any other EMS for that matter, renders the rest of your paragraph irrelevant to my argument and therefore deserves no response.

O/P, K-PRO is THE BEST SOLUTION for you and any boosted K-series motor ... That's called advice guys. Learn to read, otherwise I'm glad to give you some lessons in paragraph comprehension; so that next time you don't look like idiots.:coffee:

Moderators, no need for an Inappropriate Conduct infraction. I'm done. IBTL :wavey:

#16 ·
i'm trying to convert my k20 to a carbureted Demon 650cfm , k20z1, MSD ignition, vtec less, high lift, long duration, huge overlap cams, to get around that dang Kpro.

all i need are degree marks on the crank pulley and a sunpro timing light. take that Dyno tuned Kpro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.