Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a NBP 2004 RSX and it seems that there are already a few small portions of paint where it seems faded and appears rough...does anyone else notice this problem? I have a friend with a 2001 Type R and he is experiencing the same problems. Is this the clear coat coming off or what?

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
If it's rough you might just need to use a claybar on it. Sometimes rust particles/dust get stuck in the paint making the area appear less shiny and also feel rough. This happens a lot with new cars during transportation on railroads (rail dust). Do a search on claybars in our car care forum.

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
EternalBlue said:
If it's rough you might just need to use a claybar on it. Sometimes rust particles/dust get stuck in the paint making the area appear less shiny and also feel rough. This happens a lot with new cars during transportation on railroads (rail dust). Do a search on claybars in our car care forum.
:iamwiths:

I don't think you have a loss of clearcoat. That stuff is hard. Brittle, so it swirls easy, but it's hard, so I don't think you could ever wear it all off normally.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well my bud with the Type R took his in and they said there is nothing they could do. Im taking mine in on Thurs so ill keel you guys posted.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yah just got my car back yesterday...apparently that kind of work is not covered in the warranty but they did say that if you claybar the area it should take care of the problem. Im sure Ill get around to it someday but it really pisses me off that the dealership wont just take care of it...I mean Ive only had the car for like 6 months.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
RSX004 said:
Yah just got my car back yesterday...apparently that kind of work is not covered in the warranty but they did say that if you claybar the area it should take care of the problem. Im sure Ill get around to it someday but it really pisses me off that the dealership wont just take care of it...I mean Ive only had the car for like 6 months.
I don't really see why they would take care of it at this point, unless it was something you noticed right away and brought it to their attention within *days* of taking ownership. A lot can happen in 6 months, it's up to you to maintain your car or for the matter to bring up your concerns at an earlier point in time with the dealer.

Besides, I don't think you'd really want them to claybar it for you. Most dealerships don't really care, you'll have more success/minimal damage doing it yourself. I am pretty sure the claybar will take care of your issues.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts