Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
e85 ethanol
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright now another problem. something sounds like a train is going by from motor. it clacks progressively getting louder then fades away and fades back in getting louder then fades away. its like a clacking noise

i live in miami and i drove the car to ft lauterdale beach last night and back. on the way back down my street is when i started to hear it. i was highway driving and did not push the car at all that whole drive.

This is ricks mugen rsx by the way.
so the engine mods:
ips k2 cams
ti retainers
ebach springs
honda kpro
ported rbc and throttle body
nextgear img

·
e85 ethanol
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
friend said it kinda sounds more like rattling. he drives a nissan and says that the ka's are common for their chains loosening up on the rail and making a rattling noise like that but he says he doesnt know if honda have the same problem.

so maybe tensioner? the chain got loose from the rail? has anybody heard of having problems like this?

and i idle car at 1.5k and the noise gets VERY VERY loud and when i let off it goes back to normal idle at 1k then sarts rattling again coming in and out.

·
e85 ethanol
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
took the head off today. vavles were a bit loose so ill do a valve adjustment and go from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts