Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side low beam went out a couple months ago, took it to the dealer and got it fix. Now my drivers side headlight low beam is out and I past warranty. Its not the bulb, fuse or relay because I already swapping those. I look over the invoice for the previous repair and it states that the ground was loose. I want to try to fix it myself this time instead of spending money at the dealer. Can someone pinpoint me to where the drivers side headlight ground point/s is? A picture with an arrow would help. Do I need to take off the bumper to access it? Thanks in advance.

·
Shiny side up!
930 Posts
The ground that they fixed was likely at the plug for the bulb it's self. Did you test for power & ground at the plug? Most common is that the female plug at the bulb (harness side) has spread a little & the contact becomes loose. Other than that will need to know what year your car is (for wiring diagrams).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not the plug, I already checked that. My car is an 04. I was told that the ground point is somewhere below the headlight assembly behind the bumper? Can I get to it without taking the bumper off? I am not sure what to look for. If someone has a picture with a arrow pointing to it that would be great.

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
interesting... i havent heard of a headlight ground, but i know theres a ground point under the passenger side headlight. i dont know what things are grounded there... but that could be it. i'm sure someone else can answer your question better than me lol

·
likes to troubleshoot
2,539 Posts
If you have the Helm manual, there's an illustration of the ground point (G301 for the driver-side low-beam ground) on pg 22-21. I haven't seen the ground point myself, and I don't have any way to scan the illustration. Sorry.

Maybe you could get at the ground point by removing the front part of the fender liner and following the wiring harness down, but it would be a help to have the illustration.

·
Shiny side up!
930 Posts
Get link from this site & download manual it's under body electrical. I tried to put it up as an attachment but it was too big. ( No not the whole manual just 3 pages ) For those who like to flame!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts