Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Azn Sensation
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and came up with nothing

I drove from my friends house 10 minutes to where i work to pick up some tools. Shut off the engine for about to minutes, get back in, stall reversing out of my parking. Start the engine again. Let the clutch out and apply pressure to the gas like always and the car bogs. drive another 2 minutes on the freeway to get home. I pop the hood and notice that my clutch fluid is low. Went to my room opened up the owners manual and says that i might have a clutch leak.

There's no residue on my garage floor and i do the oil changes, i have not noticed any leak on the transmission.I called acura its about 110 to have them look at it.

Should i have them look at it or can i just add more fluid?

CLiffs:
1)Car stalls, bogs on re-start
2)pop hood, low clutch fluid level, check owners manual
3)possible clutch leak, no noticeable signs of leaks

go to acura? or just add more fluid

thanks guys

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,226 Posts
well refill the fluid and see how it works. if the level falls again, you have a leak. if refilling it doesn't help, then it may have ingested some air if the level got too low, you'll have to bleed it.

·
The Azn Sensation
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good idea, thanks for the reply

·
Search newbster SEARCH!
2,221 Posts
well refill the fluid and see how it works. if the level falls again, you have a leak. if refilling it doesn't help, then it may have ingested some air if the level got too low, you'll have to bleed it.
:iamwiths:

·
The Azn Sensation
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can i use any clutch fluid like from pepboys or autozone?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
brake fluid. it says on the cap what you need. dot 3 or dot 4.

·
The Azn Sensation
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
excellent thanks

·
Banned
12 Posts
Don't worry, you will know when it is worn out. When you say not as hot as it used to be, you must drive it very hot. When it begins to wear out, it begins to slip. When it is fully worn out, you won't be able to move the car. You can also feel it in the clutch pedal. You begin to "lose" your pedal. Interaction begins at a higher position until there is no clutch left. Take it easy on the poor clutch. A good driver can get many many miles on a clutch.

·
Registered
11,669 Posts
if you're leaking brake/clutch fluid, keep in mind that brake fluid eats paint. probably a good idea to track down the potential leak asap

·
Registered
2 Posts
I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM HERE IN 2020. 2004 RAX TYPE S, we changed CMC, slave, clutch, and still having the same issue!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts