Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have researched about suspension but not to the extent to knowing everything so thats why Im asking this question.

I have a 04 Acura RSX and recently gotten rims but now want to lower the car to get rid of the gap.

Sad to say but I started to research more and further once I gotten my Tein S Techs today. I understand that springs will cause the structs to blow eventually and something to get is front and rear camber whenever you lower a car and upgraded aftermarket shocks. My question is should I return the springs and buy some full coil overs. The major reason why I didnt get coil overs in the first place was I wasnt gona race or do I race ever. I wanted to lower my car in terms of looks just to get rid of the gap but now after doing some further research and hearing about people having problems with their cars with just springs and all the extra stuff you need to get with springs. Im debating if one or the other will out weight each other. Im thinking about getting coil overs. I was thinking Buddy CLub N+ as they are not as expensive as Teins and basically do the same job as them.

Another key factor is I live in Chicago and it snows a lot so basically having full adjustable coilovers I can just increase the height of it in the winter so it would be easier to move in snow.

My question is should I return the tein s techs and get some coilover and if so which brand. I have a week before the shop I got them from dont take them back. My 2nd question is if u had a chance to go back what would you have gotten if you gotten coilovers Teins flex buddy club megan koni. etc.

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
I would get coilovers.....but in the winter you might what to put your stock suspension back on becouse the salt and snow will do a number on you 1k aftermarket. Teins are nice and they arn't going to blkow your shocks tomorrow but the will over time so yeah coilovers....search for the ones that you want, read the FAQ in the sticky section it will help you with your choice.

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
lol I told someone to do that in the basic forum when they asked what they should do nex and big cam negged me:dontknow: anyway I answered your fat American comment.......

·
Asian dude
3,145 Posts
I would opt for something cheaper. Progress or tein basic since you're not going to race. Installing the stock suspension for winter seems logical or raising on coilovers will do the trick. Only thing is that you have to get alignments out the ying-yang. Either way, it would be ok. As for keeping the springs, you could go that route with sport shocks.

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
mugen SS is a good option that should last for the long run too. remember it's an investment

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so my tein s techs were installed today...is there any way I can keep the tein s techs and not have anything blow??? would upgrading the shocks make it last if i had the stock springs with stock shocks or more like longer than aftermarket springs with oem shocks?

would you guys recommend getting just the rear camber kit or both front and rear...

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
so my tein s techs were installed today...is there any way I can keep the tein s techs and not have anything blow??? would upgrading the shocks make it last if i had the stock springs with stock shocks or more like longer than aftermarket springs with oem shocks?

would you guys recommend getting just the rear camber kit or both front and rear...
Make your own educated decision with the information at hand.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=575660

Even aftermarket shocks (Koni Yellow) can only hand maximum 1.5 inch drop.
S-techs drops the front 1.7 and all warranty is void (Koni can tell if you dropped more than 1.5inches too).

If the shocks have very little miles they'll last you awhile. I put on Tanabe GF210 springs and they lasted me 2 years (with 5000km on the shocks, so basically brand new).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
i have about 31,100 miles on my car when the tein s techs were placed onto my car today...i read that sticky which was very informative but doesnt help me make a clear cut decision

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i might just take the tein s techs out in a few weeks and just order buddy club N+ but i dont think its worth it all for a automatic

·
pronounced: See-Yo
3,732 Posts
it's recommended that you get adjustable rear camber arms with the bc n+ or any coilovers for that matter. the front camber bolts are optional to some coilovers, not needed with bc n+.

as for s-techs, that depends on how low the car sits and how bad the camber angles are.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
i have about 31,100 miles on my car when the tein s techs were placed onto my car today...i read that sticky which was very informative but doesnt help me make a clear cut decision
Good that the sticky was informative. But its not supposed to give you a clear-cut decision - You're supposed to make that yourself.

Lots of people like to come on here and get a yes/no answer. I don't know about you... but I don't like people making decisions for me.
I used to give good solid answers, but after awhile I stopped. People just don't care.

Look at all the responses you get (and other people that make these kind of threads get).

"I like my teins"
"I like my N+"
"my eibach lowering springs are great"
"my tein ride nice"

Like seriously.. How the FUCK are you supposed to make a decision based off those shitty answers.

·
Orange Member
5,276 Posts
haha. i would get coilovers for the best performance and i would look into each and everyone of them so you can see what you like. But yeah like mark said everyone is going to like their own coilovers. They're all good but you have to look into them at what they can do because each one performs a bit different. So its up to you on decision making.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.