Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have never installed lowering springs on a 4 wheels disk braker car before and i just got some tein s tech and my local shop said for the 02 rsx type s he charges 200 bucks to put the springs on, my question is should i just do it my self or pay them to do it. and if i should do it where is a wright up on it

·
--------------------
28,783 Posts
$200 is way to much, that's more than you paid for the springs!

Either do it yourself carefully with a CRSX DIY, or find someone in your region to help you out. I'm sure there's plenty of guys that'll do it for a few bucks or some lunch.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea my jaw dropped when they told me that but there always real good and cheap on there other prices but im in ******* alabama hes the only shop around and most of all the ppl here drive american cars

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
do it yourself, there is a write up on here somewhere...search Koni Yellow install or something like that. same basic concept.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
yeah, just do it yourself. it will be fun :)

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
do it yourself, it only took me about 2 hours to install the springs on mine and my girlfriends car. Just get some ghetto ass spring compressors from an Advanced Auto Parts store or something along those lines. They will rent you the compressors or you can buy them for like $60. Easy to do!

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
its a sign that you should DYI :)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
i have never installed lowering springs on a 4 wheels disk braker car before and i just got some tein s tech and my local shop said for the 02 rsx type s he charges 200 bucks to put the springs on, my question is should i just do it my self or pay them to do it. and if i should do it where is a wright up on it
if you have zero skills with tools, then do yourself a favor and pay someone to do it for you.

·
it doesnt go ne faster!!!
1,459 Posts
man $200 bucks thats steep. A local custom shop charges $60 bucks an hour. i would image that to be at max a 2 hour job.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol im a old honda pro this is my first car with 4 wheel disc and abs, so i didnt know if it was any diffrent than most hondas but ive lowerd tons of cars just none with that setup

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
4 wheel disc and abs won't change a thing. basically there are 2 bolts that hold the disc assembly to the strut, once you have those 2 bolts out and the top 3 and the tie rod end then your can remove the assembly.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts