Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

lugging after motor mounts were put in

1K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  strikeback03 
#1 ·
so i put in my innovative street mounts kit and after that it feels like my car runs horribly... when i give it just the right amount of throttle it lugs really badly...now i'm not sure if my car was already having this lugging problem and i never noticed it and then when i got the mounts it made it so when ever my engine lugs it makes my whole car lug but it's bad....if i'm in first gear (the most sensetive gear to the throttle) with my foot totally off the cluth and just SLIGHTLY accelerate, my car will lug...it doesn't matter what rpm or what gear, but if i give it just the tiniest amount of gas, it lugs horribly...and it doesn't make sense to me that the mounts would have caused this but only would have made the lugging more obvious. however, if i give it a bit more gas, the car runs fine...so i find myself having to drive like an idiot in a constant hurry just so my car doesn't lug...or if i give it just under the amount of throttle to avoid the lugging...well...it's a honda so that's a little too slow. now just so you guys understand what i mean by lugging, i mean that my whole car will jerk horribly. picture your car in first gear with the clutch totally out and keep tapping the throttle...that's what it's like and in the higher gears (being a little less sensetive to the throttle) i don't really feel a lug but i can hear it...and actually i can feel it a bit in the throttle... i already searched and couldn't find any answers...all i can think of doing at this point is putting my stock mounts back in...which is a bitch..and i don't see why i should have to do that when it seems like no one else has had similar problems with their mounts. any input would be appreciated. oh! and also my fourth gear (and usually only my fourth gear) has become really knotchy to get into gear almost as though it's one click and then an additional effort to push it all the way into gear. i blame the clutch and not the tranny but who knows.

See less See more
#5 ·
PITA?? And it even does it at higher speeds. I can be in sixth and if I give it just the right amount of throttle it will vibrate horribly...so you guys say that's normal??? And I was using the "tapping" as an example. When I give it the right amount of throttle in a lower gear ( a continuous amount) it jerks AS THOUGH you were tapping the throttle

#8 ·
Hey you problem sounds just like mine. I have had innovatives for a while now and never had a problem but I just did my clutch and had to take 3 of the mounts off and I have the exact same problem as you now. It almost feels as if the car is struggling sometimes it sucks.

#6 ·
PITA = Pain In The Ass.

Hmm, no, I don't notice it in higher gears, except a little bit sometimes in 2nd.

It's normal in lower gears, it's a very sensitive throttle.

If it vibrates 'horribly' in higher gears, maybe you should recheck your MM bolts, make sure they're all torqued properly.

Do you get rattling noises too? Loose bolts will usually make noise too.

#7 ·
Yeah, it rattles but I was told that was normal. It just lugs feels like the throttle is being tapped when a certain amount of throttle is applied. Remember...the throttle is not actually being tapped!!

#15 ·
Hmm with my new mounts I kinda get what you are talking about only in first gear, in my opinion I think you just need to get used to it.
I'm not able to drive exactly in the same way I drove with stock mounts example, slowing down, beginning to accelerate, shifting, they all feel pretty different, this could be your problem and maybe you are just thinking about it too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.