Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Someone has them.....I heard that you still need to use metal flashing for proper fit similar to the xenondepot hid kit. read some of the xenondepot hid threads. you'll learn alot about hid's.

I havent seen any pics posted.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I have these on my Spec V which has 9007 bulbs. The bulbs are coated blue. They work on my housings which no one says should be possible. So I would assume they must look nice on the RSX's. They are simple to install. Just plug the wire into the bulb and harness and you are done. No extra wiring or anything like that. I am getting a Type-S hopefully soon, my Spec V is a lemon, and would either go with McCulloch again or Xenondepot. You can look at my pics at http://specv.cdin.net

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hey Steve I saw these lights at a shop and was impressed with the RELAY, though not with the ballast or bulbs. Its really sealed and nothing can get in. You should look into it and see if you guys can design something similar.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
i have the mcculloch 5000k ...am satisfied with the outcomeof the the HIDs...

you need to have that adapter thingy for the bulbs to stay in...i used the x adapter from the oem bulbs(bought extra pair) and used a dremel to make it fit inside...easy to install...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
snarff said:
i have the mcculloch 5000k ...am satisfied with the outcomeof the the HIDs...

you need to have that adapter thingy for the bulbs to stay in...i used the x adapter from the oem bulbs(bought extra pair) and used a dremel to make it fit inside...easy to install...

Is that mean i need major modification to the adapter in order to hold the bulb in place. So the Kit don't come with the X adapter right. Do u have any pics ?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Kosuku said:
Is that mean i need major modification to the adapter in order to hold the bulb in place. So the Kit don't come with the X adapter right. Do u have any pics ?
Thanks
well, u dont necessarily have to use the x adapter as a holder...you can use other means like the toiler washer one like buddha used to put in his hid kit....

nope the the kit doesnt come with it....neither does xenondepot....as a result whichever hid you purchase u have to make some kind of modification...

xenondepot is good ask any member here that has them...i went with mcculloch for the price....but i really like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.