Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this info recently; these are worldwide production/distribution values for 2007.
Acura MDX/RDX – 65% US, 45% Japan
Acura RSX – 100% Japan (2006)
Acura TSX – 5% US, 95% Japan
Acura RL – 5% US, 95% Japan
Acura TL – 70% US, 30% Japan
Honda CR-V – 5% US, 95% Japan
Honda S2000 - 100% Japan
Honda Accord – 70% US, 30% Japan
Honda Civic – 55% USA/Canada, 45% Japan

All Civics sold in North America are MADE in N. America. The other 45% made in Japan are sold to the rest of the world. Same for the TL and the Accord.

The RSX is(was) entirely made in Japan.

I thought that was interesting.

·
I can see clearly now
1,347 Posts
I found this info recently; these are worldwide production/distribution values for 2007.
Acura MDX/RDX – 65% US, 45% Japan
Acura RSX – 100% Japan (2006)
Acura TSX – 5% US, 95% Japan
Acura RL – 5% US, 95% Japan
Acura TL – 70% US, 30% Japan
Honda CR-V – 5% US, 95% Japan
Honda S2000 - 100% Japan
Honda Accord – 70% US, 30% Japan
Honda Civic – 55% USA/Canada, 45% Japan

All Civics sold in North America are MADE in N. America. The other 45% made in Japan are sold to the rest of the world. Same for the TL and the Accord.

The RSX is(was) entirely made in Japan.

I thought that was interesting.
only the 2006 rsx or 02-06?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know civic coupes are made in ohio but i thought the sedans were atleast made in japan?
Nope! From what I have read ALL Accords and Civics are made in the USA, Canada and now Mexico I believe or soon to be.

The Civic SI (you know the one that’s the same as the RSX) is made entirely in the North America.

·
Registered
8,724 Posts
Japanese cars are superior to American made cars. It’s a shame that Americans have gotten fat and lazy!

I have hired many people over the years in the Graphic arts and digital media industry. The BEST have been from Europe and Japan while the laziest piece of shit assholes that I had to fire after just a few months were local yahoos!
I discriminate now; I’ll only hire European and Japanese immigrants.
You sure about that? That's a pretty absolute statement you just made. I might agree with "japanese cars are 'generally' better than American made cars", but whatever.

If you look at recent statistics, domestic cars are doing better than the European counterparts, how do you explain that? What about the American made japanese imports, like the civic, corolla, or camry, for example? They seem to be decently rock solid from what i've seen, but they were made in plants over here :dontknow:

·
Got Wind?
15,962 Posts
Japanese cars are superior to American made cars. It’s a shame that Americans have gotten fat and lazy!

I have hired many people over the years in the Graphic arts and digital media industry. The BEST have been from Europe and Japan while the laziest piece of shit assholes that I had to fire after just a few months were local yahoos!
I discriminate now; I’ll only hire European and Japanese immigrants.

Oh and I’m a third generation American of Southern European decent.
:shakehead I hope the above post was a joke.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts