Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rock-S
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just a question : Some people say that they run Magnaflow catback with 4" tip.
But on magnaflow web site it seems that it is just for base RSX. http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopdisplayproducts.asp
Does it fit on a type-S and does it provide the same sound and performance?
Furthermore they claim their catback are for 02-04? Does it fit on 05-06 ? (I thought there was no difference between 02-04 ot 05-06 for catbacks)

Thanks

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts
When I bought mine, I bought the Magnaflow polished stainless 5x8 oval with one end being offset. Then I bought a 4 inch Magnaflow tip and had the muffler shop weld the tip on.

luvmyrsx

·
HT haterzz
3,990 Posts
Should fit 05-06 as well. Other companies like HKS or Fujitsubo (can't remember which) only list their exhausts as fitting 02-04 but they will fit all years.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
When I bought mine, I bought the Magnaflow polished stainless 5x8 oval with one end being offset. Then I bought a 4 inch Magnaflow tip and had the muffler shop weld the tip on.

luvmyrsx
i am sellin mine cause of the 5in tip - different car and cant pull it off anymore haha :)
but maybe i should get a diff tip - cause i just love the sound and pull of my catback, and they r pretty well built too i think.

sound is the shit tho :giggity: - i assume it did not change it at all, correct?
and how much did u pay at the muffler shop?

·
Registered
406 Posts
It fits both base and s. I just installed mine this afternoon. The 4 inch system part number 15783 comes with two mid pipes, a longer one for the base and one aprox 2 inches shorter for the type s. It fits both. i dunno if it fits the 05-06 models though...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
It fits both base and s. I just installed mine this afternoon. The 4 inch system part number 15783 comes with two mid pipes, a longer one for the base and one aprox 2 inches shorter for the type s. It fits both. i dunno if it fits the 05-06 models though...
yeah i saw that on the webpage - thats pretty cool for them to include both pipes.

how do u assemble the midpipe tho? bolt it together? couldnt tell from the pictures..

post pics and sound clips :giggity:

·
Registered
406 Posts
The exhaust comes in three pieces, a 1st pipe bolts to the cat, the second one includes the resonator ,and the third one is pretty much an axle back that bolts to the 2nd pipe. It fits perfectly, the only flaw it has is the attaching the 1st and second pipes together, these 2 don't bolt together, the first pipe slides into the second one, and they provide a shitty clamp for it, which is pretty much a u bolt, so I welded that part together, threw the shitty clamp away and problem solved.

Here are some pics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts