Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just got a magnaflow exhaust put on about say 2 weeks ago. Since then, i have heard something go bang/boom underneath the car. As if something blew up underneath me. Do exhausts do that sometimes, like back fire or something. Anyone have an idea or experienced the same thing? Overall, i really love this exhaust. Not loud, and good butt dyno feelin gains.

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
10,875 Posts
hmm interesting...never had that problem and never heard of anyone having that problem...hope it isn't something serious :(

·
Veilside-K20A3
328 Posts
jaguer8 said:
hmm interesting...never had that problem and never heard of anyone having that problem...hope it isn't something serious :(
:iamwiths:
I just got done installing my exhaust and i haven't had that problem. you might want to go to the place that you had it installed at and ask them what's up. if you installed it your self then i would still go to a muffler shop and ask what they think.

·
Low Key
513 Posts
very weird, i have no idea. I have had magnaflow for a year or so, no problems what so ever, I had it professionally installed, but then took it off and threw it back on myself, so I dont think theres much room for error when installing an exhaust, make sure all bolts are tight and U-clamp is very tight connecting the 2 pipes. Other than that, I dunno where this "noise" couldve come from... I dont think it would be a defect with the exhaust...? dunno, but would def suggest you take it sumwhere and explained what happened and see if they can make sum sense outta it. good luck bro.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well its weird. Only happened 3 times since i have had it. Could it be because i use a higher octane gas maybe? I dunno what to think of it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm..i guess all i can do is keep an eye on it. Or my ear on it. I don't think i was running over anything when i hear these noises, but who knows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.