Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have magnaflows prototype exhaust for the S. Would I need to change my exhaust if i get the Greddy kit? I wanna try to stay as legal as possible cause i live in SoCal and the cops around here are strict. Also what would i need to keep relieable for a good 50k miles more? How much boost could i run and what not. I wanna throw like 8-10k into my car so what would be some good ideas to keep it reliable and quick as shit.

Oh ya i wanna take STI's....if possible

·
ChemE
664 Posts
Naban345 said:
So i have magnaflows prototype exhaust for the S. Would I need to change my exhaust if i get the Greddy kit? I wanna try to stay as legal as possible cause i live in SoCal and the cops around here are strict. Also what would i need to keep relieable for a good 50k miles more? How much boost could i run and what not. I wanna throw like 8-10k into my car so what would be some good ideas to keep it reliable and quick as shit.

It depends what siameter pipe the magnaflow has. If the pipe is less that 2.5 inches(roughly 60 mm) in diameter its a good idea to get a larger sized pipe. If you want to be taking STI's your going to need the new Hondata K-Pro with the Greddy kit (probabaly around 9 PSI with the Hondata should do it). Go with a 2.75 in. - 3 in. pipe, but if that magnaflow is large enough you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I forget who it was but someone still using the factory e-Manage added a test pipe and a 3" exhaust and said the car pulled like a mofo. I plan on getting the GReddy turbo exhaust and maybe a test pipe but I'd rather not have the CEL and need to pass MD emissions.

Since you have that much money I'd get the CN kit since it seems like you are looking for lots of power. However, if your going to go GReddy, either get the Hondata turbo flash or get the K-pro. Hondata got approx. 260 whp and 200 wtq at the same 7 psi without any mods other than the DC Sports twin canister exhaust which is restrictive as hell. I think with a 3" exhaust, test pipe, and the Hondata flash, you could easily approach 300 whp and 220 or so wtq.

·
Registered
109 Posts
emfollin said:
I forget who it was but someone still using the factory e-Manage added a test pipe and a 3" exhaust and said the car pulled like a mofo.
This is the set up that i have and the car really does pull like a mofo!!!! this is with 7.5 lbs and no CEL's...

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
PJsSCW said:
This is the set up that i have and the car really does pull like a mofo!!!! this is with 7.5 lbs and no CEL's...
And that would be the "someone" I was talking about....

Sorry about that, I forgot your name.

Do you have a 3" exhaust?

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Naban345 said:
And this will have me taking STI's pretty well????
From a roll you will be taking most stockish STI's...from a dead stop, no.....you can thank physics and rear differentials for not having the ability

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
With the GReddy turbo, intercooler, bov, hondata flash, 3" exhaust and test pipe, I believe you should definately be able to take a STi. See, the STi has very good times because of its 60 ft times. You will have to catch up but I think you should have no problems. At anything other then from a dig, you should pretty easily beat an STi. On the streets, the GReddy RSX-S should be VERY fast. The RSX-S only downfall is the launch, lots of torque and FWD, not fun at all.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Greddy RSX-S is a really fun car to drive.....theres much better platforms out there to build extremely fast cars but for FWD this car is alot of fun

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok.....i went and actually went to subaru today and looked at the STi....i dunno. I want to sell my car and get it just because it has so much going for it. The only problem is that im a honda man and 2 others at my work have STi's. What do you all think i should do?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Naban345 said:
Ok.....i went and actually went to subaru today and looked at the STi....i dunno. I want to sell my car and get it just because it has so much going for it. The only problem is that im a honda man and 2 others at my work have STi's. What do you all think i should do?
I think that lots of us are and where( me) in the same dilema.
Anyhow,you will never get back the money you put into your car,,, anf if you just buy a car that is fast from the factory, it will hold its value more.
Is your car your daily driver?? can you afford to have it down for any odd reason? you have to ask your self that.
I went with the turbo and hondata,,, and STI's are defenitely an easy pray ( even at the 1/4).
Hopefully this can point you in the right direction

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Naban345 said:

9K dollars
Turbo kit plus all the goodies and install= 4500
nice exhaust,hondata,boost controller ( so you can set it at 9psi) and tuninng $2500
Any full set of coil overs and a set of falken azenis (2000)
That puts you at 9 K and it will also put you wayyyyyy ahead of an Sti(trust me) they will get you out of the hole, but it wont be but a matter of seconds til you see his headlights from your rear view.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
zulusTypeS said:
9K dollars
Turbo kit plus all the goodies and install= 4500
nice exhaust,hondata,boost controller ( so you can set it at 9psi) and tuninng $2500
Any full set of coil overs and a set of falken azenis (2000)
That puts you at 9 K and it will also put you wayyyyyy ahead of an Sti(trust me) they will get you out of the hole, but it wont be but a matter of seconds til you see his headlights from your rear view.
ya mine NEEDS to be a daily driver. i cant really afford to have it down but if need be it can be. My car has 44k miles and it needs to last a lot longer...like 50k more....is this a reality or am i just kidding myself?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Naban345 said:
ya mine NEEDS to be a daily driver. i cant really afford to have it down but if need be it can be. My car has 44k miles and it needs to last a lot longer...like 50k more....is this a reality or am i just kidding myself?
Man, if you treat your car right, change your oil on time, check and change your spark plugs, you will be fine! as long as you understand that a turbo car needs more attention.
It will last way more than 50K miles. I my self have almost 6K of boosting without tuning and 1000 tuned

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
zulusTypeS said:
Man, if you treat your car right, change your oil on time, check and change your spark plugs, you will be fine! as long as you understand that a turbo car needs more attention.
It will last way more than 50K miles. I my self have almost 6K of boosting without tuning and 1000 tuned
\

Well this was the plan... im gunna take 2 years back out on my car....theres the 10,000 bucks. And drop it in the car. I live in cali so with all that you say to do will i still pass smog or will i have to take care of that somehow???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts