Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to install my halo headlights and I need to know the main steps to do this. Im pretty car illiterate so your help is much appreciated. I already searched this forum for steps and I found some useful information like on how to splice the red and white wires to the parking lights. But I also need to know stuff like should I remove the cars bumper to get at the screws at the bottom of the stock headlights? Is removing the bumper necessary? And is there anything else I need to know about removing for the install? i.e. like the battery for driver side? I know to remove the steering resevoir for the passenger side so it's more easy to get at. I tried already installing it myself but it looked pretty difficult so I quit for now until I can find more info on the install. I don't want to take it to a shop to get them put in and I know many of you guys have installed them on this site, so someone please enlighten me:p

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
You have to take off the front bumper to take off the housings; some people don't pull off the whole thing, but just enough so they can reach the bolt below the headlight.

Follow ClubRSX's directions for the DIY housing painting guide (http://performance.clubrsx.com/headlights.html) up to step 2e, and then put in the new housings by going backwards. It's not that hard; just take your time since this is your first time doing it. Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
i've done te diy headlights and you need to take the bumper off to take the headlights out. here are steps for removing bumper and headlights taken from chris's diy guide:

Steps
1. Remove front bumper.
1a. four clips on the top (Tip: to remove the clips, use a flat-head screwdriver to pry the center section up before you pull it out, you will see the indentions on the clips; this makes it much easier)
1b. Two screws on the side of the bumper in the wheel well to remove, 8mm socket or Phillips head
1c. Four clips underneath the car holding the front bumper.
1d. Two clips on the very outer corner underneath (don't forget these or you will break some plastic when you take the bumper off)
1e. Four Phillips screw underneath the bumper
1f. Grab the edge of the bumper and just yank it forward, you should hear a few clips pop, one side at a time.
2. Remove headlights
2a. Remove all bulb plugs, 6 in total.
2b. one 10mm socket screw on the lower outside of the headlight (usually gold)
2c. One 10mm socket screw on the lower middle section of the headlight, again usually gold colored. But you need a super long extension (6") to get it off.
2d. Two 10mm screw on the top, headlight will fall out now.
2e. Turn the headlight over and you will see one gold 10 mm bolt holding the bracket on the light, take it off.

all the instructions can be found here:
http://performance.clubrsx.com/headlights.html

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying, you guys are awesome!! This will surely help me now that I know the steps to do it.:thumbsup: ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts