Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv searched this many times and i cant figure out if the light that is comming on in my car is the CEL or the maint light, i have searched and i dont have the manuals for my car so dont flame me!...i have a 02' rsx-ss with 14.5k miles, the light looks like a motor that is lite up orange, but no where on the light does it say "check engine" or "engine" please help, but i dont see why i need to change my oil because i had it change when i had like 13.8-13.9k miles so my next oil change is scheduled when i hit 16K or something, im confused!, i just checked/spun my gas cap a few times but the light is still there....

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
That is the CEL light. There is a special indication for maintenance which flashes when you start your car if required. :wavey:

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
It's the CEL (Check Engine Light). Can be caused if you don't turn gas cap tight enough (a couple of clicks). Will eventually go out. But may be an indiction of further problems. Acura should help you out.

As for the Maintenance Light, changing the oil will not make this light go out. Just a simple inicator that physically needs to be turned off.
At 8K lights for 2s for ignition II position
At 8K to 10K lights for 2s then blinks for 10s in II postion
Above 10K, remains on

Turn off engine
Press and hold odometer reset knob
Turn ignition to II postion
Hold button until indicator reset (~10s)

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks alot for all ur help!, so do u guys think I should reset it myself because im afraid that the light is on because their is a prob with something but if their is and i do reset, would the light just come back on?? thankGod i have warranty! :)

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
You don't reset the CEL (as far as I know) - although if you were tinkering with your car there is a manual way of doing it. Search.

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whoa i just fixed the problem, see before i clicked my gas cap, i drove down the street and back, but then again i thought to myself when i got home, maybe i need to drive a bit more, so i left the house and drove maybe 3-5 miles, and BAM the light is gone...i feel like a big dumbass right now, but oh well, u learn new shit everyday..thanks everyone for their help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts