Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i turn off the maintenance required light.
on my old integra, there's a button under the steering column that you hold down and it turns off.
how do i turn it off on my rsx?

thanks

·
UnDr PrShR
1,854 Posts
For the bazilianth time here it goes......

get in car put key in ignition ..but do not turn ... use left hand .. push reset button for the speedo /tripometer (sticking out of the instrument cluster ) & hold it down ..now turn the key to the on /run position ..but don't start the car . hold till flashing maint light goes out then release turn off key ... then start vehicle as u normally would & light should go out . this light is for oil & filter / regular intervals service ..as per mileage.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
my light flashes like 5 times when i turn on my car? it is cause by the oil change? i changed it about 4000 miles ago but i didn't change the filter because it was stuck, so im guessing its that

·
Premium Member
15,843 Posts
it gets to where it flashes a few times after a certain amount of mileage, then works it's way to staying on.

·
yup
7,574 Posts
my light flashes like 5 times when i turn on my car? it is cause by the oil change? i changed it about 4000 miles ago but i didn't change the filter because it was stuck, so im guessing its that
no it just flashes at a certain number of miles and then it stays on after another preset number of miles

·
Premium Member
15,843 Posts
it starts from the time you reset it. but if you reset it at the proper times then yes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.