Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start my car it start to blink for a good ten second and then it turns off, does this mean I have to check it out at a local dealer? or is it something that usually happen. Sorry i'm a newb still, thanks

·
From B to K
670 Posts
You are a newb and no, only if it stays on constantly..it might mean that you're getting close though.

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
all in the search.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sry, I join this 2 years ago but I only had the rsx for 5 months now,. thanks for the info , guess i'll bring it to dealer to check it out

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
owner's manual?
maybe it says something about it? just maybe?

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,240 Posts
sry, I join this 2 years ago but I only had the rsx for 5 months now,. thanks for the info , guess i'll bring it to dealer to check it out
don't be dumb, the dealer with scorch your ass. with the key off, hold down the trip reset button on the dash gauge panel, turn the key to on but don't start the car, keep holding down the button until the light goes out.

·
From B to K
670 Posts
I don't understand how ANY of these posts help the guy...he wasn't asking how to reset the light, just if he should be worried about that it's staying on 10 seconds after he starts the car.

Unless the TS wasn't being clear, reading owns have the people that posted in this thread.

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
When I start my car it start to blink for a good ten second and then it turns off, does this mean I have to check it out at a local dealer? or is it something that usually happen. Sorry i'm a newb still, thanks
its routine
the maint light comes on every so many miles as laid out in the owners manual (or so many miles after the last time it was reset, often after routine maintenance)

·
From B to K
670 Posts
^^Thank you.. if I could rep you, I would..pretty much the only one that actually ANSWERED the question, and not tell him to search how to reset the light.

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
^ ya, i only say search if a thread is right next to the one that's started. if it's a different section or been a while since i've seen a thread on the topic i'll just answer, especially if the ts thinks there might be something wrong

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,240 Posts
I don't understand how ANY of these posts help the guy...he wasn't asking how to reset the light, just if he should be worried about that it's staying on 10 seconds after he starts the car.

Unless the TS wasn't being clear, reading owns have the people that posted in this thread.
well if he re-sets the bloody light then he won't worry about it, will he?

·
From B to K
670 Posts
And next time he gets a CEL, let's just tell him not to worry about the problem and just erase the code and turn off the monitor.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
got it solve, thanks for the input on everything, I just went to my friend shop to clear everything with this electronic device hook up to the car, everything was running perfectly plus all the oils and such was change, guess it was going wack.

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
did you read what josolanes posted?
it was not going wack
it's supposed to come on every so many miles, as in scheduled maintenance reminder.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts