Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start my car, the mait. req'd light always comes on and blinks for about 5 seconds, and then goes off. Does this happen to anyone else??

·
Registered
15 Posts
How many miles in the car? Did you check the owners manuel?

·
Registered
767 Posts
qUiCK cHiCK said:
When I start my car, the mait. req'd light always comes on and blinks for about 5 seconds, and then goes off. Does this happen to anyone else??
If it is time for your oil to be changed, then it will flash until you either reset it or take it in to have the oil changed and they will reset it for you (only at Acura). Your owners manual will tell you how to reset it, but if it's flashing then it probably means you need to get your oil changed or something like that.

I just changed my oil and reset mine when it started flashing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 17,xxx :eek: on her. I just changed my oil in July, so I don;t think she needs it yet. I change my oil my self ( I don*t take it anywhere) so what are you talking about reseting??

·
Registered
743 Posts
The closer you get to one of the recommended services, the longer the "maint required" light will stay on. If you get the oil changed regularly and have the maintanance done at the 3750 mile intervals, you should be fine. The dealer can reset it in no time flat, if yo don't feel comfortable doing it yourself.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
The maint light is just a reminder. It's built into the system to come on at about every 10k miles. After you reset the light, it'll blink again at the next 10k from whenever you reset it, regardless of an oil change or not.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
it comes on from 8k to 10 k, when you hit 10, it stays on til it's reset...

it's for the 10k mile service, the tire rotation and that:thumbsup:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Mine actually JUST started doing that. I thought something was messed up at first, lol. So what is actually entailed in the 7500-10k maintenence? Is it just rotating the tires? If so, I'll do that crap my damn self. :p

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Rich4114 said:
Mine actually JUST started doing that. I thought something was messed up at first, lol. So what is actually entailed in the 7500-10k maintenence? Is it just rotating the tires? If so, I'll do that crap my damn self. :p
they lube some stuff, inspect the brakes, inspect tie rods, check suspension, check e-brake adjustment, fluid levels, exhaust system, lights....

( just did a summary )

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have this same problem and I don't know how to reset it I checked the manual but could not find it. I'll look again but if it is easy to explain please let me know.

THanks

David

·
Back from the Dead
7,923 Posts
WarmPepsi said:

i don't believe it's in there, it's something THEY are supposed to reset, when they do service...:thumbsup:
If they remember to do it. Mine started blinking two days after i had my oil changed (maybe 7800 miles?)

They said not to worry until the 10K, but if it stays on longer like someone said...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Look at the owners manual !!!!!!

Page 198 for normal schedule....

Page 200 for severe conditions schedule....!!!!

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
alexo said:
Look at the owners manual !!!!!!

Page 198 for normal schedule....

Page 200 for severe conditions schedule....!!!!
no shit :shakehea:

we're talking about RESETTING THE LIGHT... thanks :thumbsup:

it's set in stone, it doesn't not like you one day and love you the next ( like my cel light issues )

at 8 k since last 7.5k maintainance ( the one a little more serious than the oil change ).... it blinks 10 times ( 8 times? ) when you start the car......

at 10 k since, it stays on solid, saying "dumbass, get your car in"

i think resetting it has to do with holding down the trip meter and turnin the car off and then pressin it so many times or something, but i totally don't remember, so heh, good luck...... i needed it undone before, just because it was annoying.. :thumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Turn the ignition to (II) and hold the trip meter in until it goes off ~ 10 sec. That should do it.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
the instructions for resetting the light are in the manual - just look in the index under "maintenance required light" or something like that. it's not with all the severe-duty schedule info, but it is in the manual.

it's something to the effect of what rsx74 said, though. i need to do it to mine - mine started flashing again recently as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah what I said.:laughing :
I thought guys were the ones who don't like to read directions? :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
See page 65 in your owner's manual.

1. Turn off the engine

2. Press and hold the select/reset button in the instrument panel, then turn the ignition switch ON (II).

3. Hold the button until the indicator resets (approximately ten seconds).

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
i knew i was close :rolleyes: :laughing:

nah, i rarely pull out the owners manual, i just use the service one if i can.. :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts