Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im not sure if this is a problem or not. When I initially start my car the Maintanence light blinks and it blinks for about 6 seconds. Then it goes away. does this happen to everyone ?

·
Registered
561 Posts
8K -10 K miles maintanence reminder. Search with that title heading you'll find the solution to your problem. hell minus well tell you, turn the key to ON position and hold the reset buttom on the gauge cluster for 10 sec then turn to off position while still holding the reset button. Turn it on again should solve problem. (This whole process you never turn the engine over just to ON position where all the lights light up on the gauge cluster)

Hope this solves your problem. Happy holidays

·
you touch my tra-la-la
7,160 Posts
littlewing6283 said:
Hi, Im not sure if this is a problem or not. When I initially start my car the Maintanence light blinks and it blinks for about 6 seconds. Then it goes away. does this happen to everyone ?
the maintenace required light is NOT based on any actual sensor or anything. it is NOT saying that anything is wrong with the car. it is basically a reminder light that lights up after a certain number of miles. everytime the dealer performs a service on the car... they reset it.

·
Fast, not furious.
2,281 Posts
read your manual.

·
german in a jap car
9 Posts
you need to be sure to be pushing the button as you turn your ignition to on! and no it's not in the manual! they just tell you to get it serviced.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
it is in the manual, i can pull it out and give you the section, page number, and pictures to prove so

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow, way to bring this back from the dead almost two whole years. it was originally posted b/c i did not know what it was, this is clubrsx and it is posted in problems and solutions.

anyone who was helpful even though it was 2 years ago, thanks for the input, better late then never

everyone who posted read the manual is not very much help, its been taken care of 2 years ago but it shows some people are just boosting post count.

·
Registered
448 Posts
wow, way to bring this back from the dead almost two whole years. it was originally posted b/c i did not know what it was, this is clubrsx and it is posted in problems and solutions.

anyone who was helpful even though it was 2 years ago, thanks for the input, better late then never

everyone who posted read the manual is not very much help, its been taken care of 2 years ago but it shows some people are just boosting post count.
LOL! I didn't even notice when the inital post was hahahahha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts