Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
How Now Brown Cow
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so tonight I turned on my car and my maintenance required light blinked ten times and went off :firemad: . After that I drove for about ten miles back to my girlfriend's house w/o the light coming back on. After I dropped her off I restarted my car and it came back on, blinked ten times, then turned off again. I was curious if it was only when the engine was on, so I shut the car all the way off. I then turned the key to first position and the maintenance required light came on once again, blinked ten times, and shut off without the motor ever running :dontknow: . What's your guys take on this? Malfunctioning sensors? Real problem? Oh, and my car was in the shop 4-5 days ago to replace a malfunctioning O2 sensor because the check engine light was on.....the CEL is still on even though they said the fixed the sensor.
~J

·
LeftyLoosey-RightyTighty
5,591 Posts
Did you just hit 10,000 miles? If you did thats normal and you just need to reset it.

·
How Now Brown Cow
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope....I'm at 8,100. Maybe Hodatafying my car before the 10K has caused early breakdown in the oil?
~J

·
Registered
561 Posts
I think at 8k miles the maintanence light comes on. search around there's been a couple threads on this for the pass week. See if that will solve your problem.

·
LeftyLoosey-RightyTighty
5,591 Posts
YUp, just reset it dude. If I remember right put the key in pos II then hold the odemeter rest stick for 10 secs. That should solve it

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
JKay said:
Alright so tonight I turned on my car and my maintenance required light blinked ten times and went off :firemad: . After that I drove for about ten miles back to my girlfriend's house w/o the light coming back on. After I dropped her off I restarted my car and it came back on, blinked ten times, then turned off again. I was curious if it was only when the engine was on, so I shut the car all the way off. I then turned the key to first position and the maintenance required light came on once again, blinked ten times, and shut off without the motor ever running :dontknow: . What's your guys take on this? Malfunctioning sensors? Real problem? Oh, and my car was in the shop 4-5 days ago to replace a malfunctioning O2 sensor because the check engine light was on.....the CEL is still on even though they said the fixed the sensor.
~J
i'm pretty sure its just for 'scheduled' maintenance. but to reset

1.) turn key to 'on' position
2.) hold the odometer/trip dial in for 10 seconds
3.) turn key to off position & release dial & start car

that should prevent it from flashing. also, its in the owners manual under the section that talks about the indicators on the dash.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
at 8k mileish, that is normal. its jsut an indication to get your car serviced. i think for oil change at that time? consult your user manual.

oh and once you hit 10k i believe, it will stay lit until you reset it.

·
Fast, not furious.
2,281 Posts
dude, read your fucking manual. You OWN the damn car, read the instructions.

·
How Now Brown Cow
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow.....people get bitter....I lost my owners maual when my car was in the impound. So, I came here to ask you guys for your help. That's what this place is for right? You don't have to get all pissy about it and start name calling. Not really constructive. See how some people just answered the question and it was done with? Thanks to those who were of service, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
but you didnt search. n00b you will learn that you will get endless shit if you post a thread about something that's been discussed 8 million times. type "maintenance light" in the search box and a FEW threads will pop up. read them and THEN ask if you still are unsure.

·
Fast, not furious.
2,281 Posts
Someone close this thread please. If these people can't search, I'd rather not have this thread keep popping up. Oh I lost my manual when my car was impounded. WTF?!

·
Fast, not furious.
2,281 Posts
JKay,

Used the SEARCH button..
I typed in: Maintenance required

I got:
Showing results 1 to 35 of 141
Search took 0.44 seconds.

You mean to tell me you couldn't find the answer in 141 results? Just cause your mom told you that there are no stupid questions, only unasked ones doesn't make it true. There ARE stupid questions.. and you asked one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts