Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My maintenance Required light flashes for a few seconds when i first start the car then goes away. I meant to check the owners manual before coming to work but i forgot. But what particularly could this be indicating? Could it be telling me time for an oil change? its only been like 2500 miles sense last change and i didn't have it done at the dealer though. BTW my car has like 20k miles on it and its an 06 type s. Thanks. :bow:

·
58,456 Posts
itll come on at 10k, 20k, 30k.. etc

just telling u when you need to service your car..

when the light goes solid in a few miles or so... shut it off (when your car is in the off position) by holding your trip meter, then turning key to 2nd position for a few seconds.. it will shut off.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

when the light goes solid in a few miles or so... shut it off (when your car is in the off position) by holding your trip meter, then turning key to 2nd position for a few seconds.. it will shut off.
ohhh

awsome thanks man ill try that.

plus rep to all

·
dmL
3,323 Posts
hmmm, and it definitely stays on long enough to notice it right? like all the lights on the dash light up for a sec when the car is started and then go out but the maintenance Required light stay flashing a little longer?
Yeah, thats exactly what happens... It never used to do this though,

I think it's because my air filter from my CAI is dirrrty:dontknow:

·
Registered
164 Posts

^^^Word...the light is programmed in the ecu to come on so you will go to your dealer and get those major services! Just see if you local dealer has a brochure that lists exactly what their services include and you can really do most of the stuff yourself...so check that out and save yourself a few dollars.

BTW just go to the parts counter and ask for the parts needed for what ever service you need and they will know everything.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^Word...the light is programmed in the ecu to come on so you will go to your dealer and get those major services! Just see if you local dealer has a brochure that lists exactly what their services include and you can really do most of the stuff yourself...so check that out and save yourself a few dollars.

BTW just go to the parts counter and ask for the parts needed for what ever service you need and they will know everything.:thumbsup:
hey thanks bro. good looking out.
i was starting to get a little worried there.

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
no need to worry, the light is just a reminder for your scheduled maintenance. It's not telling you that your air filter is dirty or whatever, basically what it does is it tells you to bring your car to the dealership so it can get checked/inspected. Nothing you can't do yourself if you're mechanically inclined.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no need to worry, the light is just a reminder for your scheduled maintenance. It's not telling you that your air filter is dirty or whatever, basically what it does is it tells you to bring your car to the dealership so it can get checked/inspected. Nothing you can't do yourself if you're mechanically inclined.
right on, thanks man.

·
Mr. Type-S
732 Posts
seriously people, learn to search. This issue comes up every week.
Maint Light is programmed so that It Automatically Comes on at every 10k miles since the last time you turned it off. Ex. Light came on at 10k mile, you turned it off at 12k mile, it will come back on at 22k mile. This is just for dealers to get you to come and get a check up and get raped just to turn the light off. Some people use this as a reminder to change the oil. NOTHING IS WRONG when this light comes on. Its just a reminder. If something is wrong with the car, you will get CHECK ENGINE LIGHT.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Search??? I suppose pretty soon you'll be suggesting people actually look at that nice owner's manual they got with their shiny new car when it's so much easier to get mis-information on the web.
i said up in my originial post that i forgot to look at the manual before i came to work and it was on my mind so i figured i would ask. And i usually do search for everything but i didnt even think of it this time for some reason. Its really no reason to get your panties in a bunch ladies.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.