Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Its Always Sunny...
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I live in rainy Florida where it has monsooned for a week straight. On the first dry day I noticed my mats were still wet and a musky smell so I tore apart my interior only to find that there was an inch of water underneath the carpets in all 4 footwells.

I let it dry as best I could but the rain is continuing. Has anyone run across a similar problem? I only found one similar thread.

Things I know:
The drivers side front and rear wells were the worst
Headliner seems dry
firewall padding by my feet was soaked
The hoop pop lever firewall grommet was out of place (I don't have fender liners)

Im hoping the that was the only problem as the wet padding was the worst around that hole and the hole was 2 inches from a very wet wheel

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
Check the drains for the sunroof - they run down the A-pillars I believe. If they get clogged, you'll get water in the interior. Maybe check your A/C drain line as well. You'll get tons of condensation and water buildup in the floor/glove box area if that's stopped up.

·
Its Always Sunny...
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

It seems the hood latch grommet was out of place and the sunroof drain for the front driver was dumping right into a quarter sized empty hole. Will report back if the condition is fixed, worse, or other.

·
Sir Intro Zuntouchable
2 Posts
did you run any wires through the fender area under the dash? that happened to me and whenever it rain and i drove in the rain the driver side would be soaked. i checked everything even where i ran the wire. Until one day i decided to relocated the wire and seal back the hole where it came through. And i havent had a leak since. Sometime we over look obvious.

·
1 of few active members..
147 Posts
had the same problem with mine, turns out i had bad rear taillight gaskets and everytime i would break more water would come don eventually going under the back seat and onto the floow just stripped mine. Replaced both and problem seems to be dormant for now atleast

1 - 11 of 11 Posts