Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i took my car to the dealership for the malfuntion light that came on, they give me a kall bak telln me that its a p1166 and p1167, 02 heater failer that they would hafta replace the first oxygen sensor they told it was gona b $440 to replce so obviously i dont wana pay that much so wat else can i do

·
MLG pro
1,369 Posts
o2 primary sensor is out... get it replaced. sparkplugs.com are cheap. that is where i got mines. also jack up your car and check the wires and see its not cut or anything.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
ok so i took my car to the dealership for the malfuntion light that came on, they give me a kall bak telln me that its a p1166 and p1167, 02 heater failer that they would hafta replace the first oxygen sensor they told it was gona b $440 to replce so obviously i dont wana pay that much so wat else can i do
fist thang i do if were u is 2 larn anglish & haw 2 spelle......Does your car still have a warranty? If so, they can do it for free!

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
def do the sparkplug.com trick. It costs $200 for the O2 sensor and the overnight shipping which is HALF of what the freakin dealership would charge. Just jack up the car...go to autozone and get a spark plug socket for your wrench and pull out the O2 sensor closest to then engine. Pop your new one in and reset the ECU (disconnect the batter and pull the ECU fuse located in the black box in the engine bay...if you look on the underside of the black box lid it will show you which fuse to pull. Pull the fuse out for like 15 seconds and put it back in and reconnect the battery. The code for your radio is on the side of your glove compartment door to get your radio back up and working.) Then your good to go. If you have any questions just ask...

If your car is stock and you havent messed with the ECU then you should be fine....just dont go around beatin the car. Get from point A to point B and dont rev her high until you fix it.

Goodluck,

Sam

·
Registered
977 Posts
I kinda have the same problem... my light came on in september last year, with the codes p1166 and p1167, the guy at the shop told me it was the secondary sensor, the one closer to the back. I replaced and it it worked fine for 6 months, in late march the light came on again, I took it to autozone and the same codes came up 66 and 67. , the guy at autozone told me that code was because of the gas cap, but I replaced it 2 months before for inspection, he did not know shit, but I knew what the codes were, he erased the codes and as soon as I started driving the light came on again.

What seems weird to me is that last time the light kept coming for a couple of minutes and went off for weeks, on again for a day and off for a week or so until it staid on for over 2 days and I replaced it. This time it came on and never went off, It got resat and came on as soon as I started the car. It has been 2 months but i have been at school and finally got home last week, want to fix it rightaway..

What do u guys think, why the difference between last time and this time?????

And since I replaced the one in the back last time (Denso o2) what should I buy now???????

·
Registered
977 Posts
I also checkeed today to see if they where loose or something after I went to the super market, a couple blocks away. I checked it maybe 20 minutes after the trip, and noticed that the sensor closer to the header was cool and the one in the back, the one I replaced 8 months ago was still really hot. Much hotter thant the other one.....

Does that mean anything?????????

·
MLG pro
1,369 Posts
the primary o2 sensor is the one closer to the front and the second o2 is the one at end of the cat. the p1166 and 67 are primary o2 sensor. get the primary o2 sensor replaced.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts