Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i had a problem with my bike...and it thought it was something wrong with the suspension...i had to fight hard to lean the bike and hold the line in the middle of a turn. Then i thought maybe it was my steering damper...but the stock one sucks ass anyways. ANYWAYS...i got my stock D208s in the front changed out for pilot powers cuz they were cording...and MAN! The bike just wants to drop into the turns! and bumps dont affect my line as bad as the stock ones. its amazing...and i just swapped my front. Im gonna take my rear tire to get it swapped too...then its off to carving canyons cuz my suit is coming on monday....YES

so to those who ask if its worth it for pilot powers....yes it is.............yes it is!

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
Ok so i had a problem with my bike...and it thought it was something wrong with the suspension...i had to fight hard to lean the bike and hold the line in the middle of a turn. Then i thought maybe it was my steering damper...but the stock one sucks ass anyways. ANYWAYS...i got my stock D208s in the front changed out for pilot powers cuz they were cording...and MAN! The bike just wants to drop into the turns! and bumps dont affect my line as bad as the stock ones. its amazing...and i just swapped my front. Im gonna take my rear tire to get it swapped too...then its off to carving canyons cuz my suit is coming on monday....YES

so to those who ask if its worth it for pilot powers....yes it is.............yes it is!
I don't think it is per ce the pilot powers, but judging from the fact that you have some worn tires, simply new tires could be it.

But I hear nothing but good from Pilot Powers.

I would also suggest getting your suspension dialed in for your weight and riding style. that would be the best 20 bucks ever spent for your bike.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it is per ce the pilot powers, but judging from the fact that you have some worn tires, simply new tires could be it.

But I hear nothing but good from Pilot Powers.

I would also suggest getting your suspension dialed in for your weight and riding style. that would be the best 20 bucks ever spent for your bike.
20 bucks where?

My bike was always acting like a stubborn bike even when it had decently new front tires... i rode my friends cbr which had pilot powers in the front...and the feeling is so similar now, that the bike just wants to fall into the corners...trust me...lol its my tires

8,021 Posts
The stuff youre talking about has nothing to do with the tires. Well...maybe tire pressure. Did you ever check the air pressure before riding? And ya...like the Chef said, that sounds more like a suspension setup problem than a tire problem. Might even be a confidence issue. I know I had trouble trusting my tires at first and struggled against the bike. It felt like the bike was unstable.

Dunlop 208 will handle just fine if your suspension and the air pressure is properly setup.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The stuff youre talking about has nothing to do with the tires. Well...maybe tire pressure. Did you ever check the air pressure before riding? And ya...like the Chef said, that sounds more like a suspension setup problem than a tire problem. Might even be a confidence issue. I know I had trouble trusting my tires at first and struggled against the bike. It felt like the bike was unstable.

Dunlop 208 will handle just fine if your suspension and the air pressure is properly setup.
well you guys do realize that the way pilot powers was designed...the middle of the tires are taller than the sides which basically cause the bike to feel like it wants to FALL into the turn..my psi was always 36 all around.

The 208s always felt like it was fighting back to try to bring the bike back up. i didnt change my pressure and i didnt change my suspension setup though. even my roomate said my bike felt like his bike now

8,021 Posts
well you guys do realize that the way pilot powers was designed...the middle of the tires are taller than the sides which basically cause the bike to feel like it wants to FALL into the turn..my psi was always 36 all around.

The 208s always felt like it was fighting back to try to bring the bike back up. i didnt change my pressure and i didnt change my suspension setup though. even my roomate said my bike felt like his bike now
I had Pilot Powers before and they were a lot better htan the 208s that I ran before nad running now. I just got the 208s because of the price.

I'm just saying, teh stuff you mentioned in the first post has nothing to do with the quality of hte tire and tire grip. But as long as you think the bike is handling better :thumbsup:

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well you guys do realize that the way pilot powers was designed...the middle of the tires are taller than the sides/QUOTE]

heh, i think all sport bike tires are designed like that :laughing:
nope pilot powers were designed like that MORE than other sport tires

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
How many people have run both the standard pilot powers and the 2CT? How much of a difference is there? I have no experience with tires other than the stock battlaxes that came on mine, so I'm sure just about anything is a step up from that.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
How many people have run both the standard pilot powers and the 2CT? How much of a difference is there? I have no experience with tires other than the stock battlaxes that came on mine, so I'm sure just about anything is a step up from that.
save yourself some bucks and opt for the regulars

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.