Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Manifesto of the Naturally Aspirated Enthusiast
by Glimpse

My ability is limited only by my knowledge. My knowledge is limited only by my willingness to learn. My willingness to learn is limited only by my passion. My passion is limitless.

I will not let money be an object to me. I will not let it influence my passion. I will not let it stop me from achieving my ultimate goal.

My ultimate goal is a complete understanding of the motor. My path is paved with hours of research, hard work, and thought. I will not stop until I achieve my goal. It is likely that I will never accomplish this. Yet I must be absolute in my resolve.

I will respect our friends in the forced induction community, but I will always be enthralled with the motor and nothing else. To me, only natural aspiration achieves a purity worth attempting to understand. I live for the motor.

I will never disrespect the motor. I will never mistreat it by neglecting it. I will never be cheap when it comes to the motor. I will not allow substandard parts to be used on the motor, and I will never skimp on repairs to save money. My love for the motor is absolute.

I will do everything in my power to share my understanding with the other members of the naturally aspirated community. I will document my journey, so the path is clearer for others. I will do my best to present known fact and first-hand knowledge to the community. I will do my best to encourage others to do the same.

We will honor the manifesto, and together we will achieve greatness.

Note: Street tuning in progress; see "A Peanut's Odyssey" in the ECU forum.

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Can you make the pictures any bigger? omg Just kidding, good job man. Can't wait to see the final result. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
It's finally going in!!
would you mind taking pics of your bent valves please?
Oh, and congrats!!!! That'll definately be a sweet thread ;)
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Frenchy said:
It's finally going in!!
would you mind taking pics of your bent valves please?
Oh, and congrats!!!! That'll definately be a sweet thread ;)
:thumbsup:
I'll take pics of the stock parts tomorrow and post them.

Funny thing - valves aren't visibly bent, and the seats/guides are in great shape. Remember that this head has seen a 10,591rpm misshift. I guess that says a lot about the motor.

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
Glimpse said:

Funny thing - valves aren't visibly bent, and the seats/guides are in great shape. Remember that this head has seen a 10,591rpm misshift. I guess that says a lot about the motor.
That makes me feel better about my misshift ;) that, and a good compression test too...
Thx!! :laughing:

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Glimpse said:

didnt you post about your miss shift before?

·
Supreme
1,940 Posts
a spectre is haunting europe.... wait wrong manifesto.

nice pics, keep us updated.

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Frenchy said:
That makes me feel better about my misshift ;) that, and a good compression test too...
Thx!! :laughing:
Yes; piston rings are next on the list to check.

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blaze6257 said:
didnt you post about your miss shift before?
Yup. It's been a while though.

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rsxmachine said:
curious, why'd you take the rocker arm assemblies all apart? if you put rubber bands on each set of three you can drop the whole thing back into place as one.
Yeah, I dropped them. :p

At least this way I get a better understanding of how VTEC works. If you track the oil passages through the head, solenoid, and rocker assembly, you gain great understanding.

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh, and before anyone asks, I will post every K-Pro calibration, K-Pro datalog, and dyno that I go through. It'll be a thread in the ECU Tuning section.

And yes, I'll post the original N2 calibration supplied to me by Toda.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
awesome, so can you explain exactly what you are doing? I think I can gather most from just looking at the pictures, but I'd like to know your exact plans.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
glimpse, you are the motherfucking man. Give us a warning before you post that toda calibration because I have a feeling it will get taken down real quick. Good luck bro :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
swwifty said:
awesome, so can you explain exactly what you are doing? I think I can gather most from just looking at the pictures, but I'd like to know your exact plans.
Installing these:
-Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket -Skunk2 Titanium Retainers -Toda Valve Springs -Skunk2 Valves -UR Ultra SS Pulleys -DC5-R Intake Manifold -Toda N2 Camshafts -Toda Thin Headgasket -Carsound Highflow Cat -Hondata K-Pro

And having a good time doing it. ;)

1 - 20 of 300 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.