Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so I have a 05' base model rsx auto, with the k20a3 on it, Im planning on manual swap it, I was curious if I should or could use a 05 civic si transmission,since i think they also have the k20 on them, would it fit on my car or engine? or should I use a base model rsx manual transmission from the same year?? any suggestions and answers would help thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
From my experience it's better to just use the base model trans since it's an exact fit. And since you have an 05 I would say stick with the same year if you can't find one it's ok to go to the 06 but you can correct me if I'm wrong this is just from experience

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From my experience it's better to just use the base model trans since it's an exact fit. And since you have an 05 I would say stick with the same year if you can't find one it's ok to go to the 06 but you can correct me if I'm wrong this is just from experience
have you done it before?

·
Boosted K20A3
74 Posts
05/06 transmissions are different, mostly with the VSS.

I did the A3 auto to manual swap in my 03 and put an EP3 transmission in mine. Absolutely no issues with doing this on an 02/04.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts