Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK- I have the JDM HID headlamps and ballasts. I spliced the wiring to the ballasts and had no problems for months. Then the passenger side goes out. I get new bulbs- no fix. I get a new pass. side ballast- no fix. The relays are good, so that isn't the problem. Right now, when the lights are on, I have the low beam on the driver side, and both high beams are on, but low. When I switch on the high beams, I still have the low beam on the driver side, and the high beam on the driver side intensifies to bright, but the high beam on the pass. side goes out completely. I am at my wits end. I thought I might have a bad ground, but all grounds are good. If anybody can give me any assistance, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanx in advance!!!

Shaolinjedi

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fuses are OK. I thought it was something simple, like a fuse, relay, or bad ground, but everything like that checks out. I am confused, and I do not like it. :firemad:

Shaolinjedi

·
Registered
173 Posts
Did you actually swap the fuses or just look at them?

What size fuze are you running?

You could try wiring up the stock bulbs and see if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I haqve the exact same problem as you. I am going outside to try to fix this again. I have only one light working, I've checked all the bulbs, units, fuses, etc. and have found that nothing is working.

Although I do know that there is no current going to the bulbs/units that are not working.
What does that mean? Where would I look to fix that?

Anyone???

·
Vrrrooommm
242 Posts
I am having the same problem right now. One ballast blew and the new ballast will make the light only flicker and the high beams are half lit. After this happened I took out the spade connectors shoved into the socket and I stripped the wires back an inch from the factory plug and soldered the connections. Still didnt fix it. I even tried switching ballasts.

First person to find the problem gets a cookie:D

·
DC5 Krew
2,827 Posts
where is the ground at check to see if there is a bad ground

·
Vrrrooommm
242 Posts
Well I found the fix. So stupid! Its was a fuse! I thought if it was a fuse both wouldnt work.

The blown ballast half blew the fuse making it flicker, then it stopped working altogether.

A 20amp mini fuse fixed my one month problem.:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts