Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paint was getting rough, decided to plasti-dip the car matte white. Should be fun to keep clean. :rest

Also did my own retrofit with Morimoto H1 projectors and my own custom LED pods for day time running lights. I 3D printed the LED pods and put them in my high beam spot. They do a cool power on sequence when I turn them on (I made my own PCB to do this).

Also bought the "Acura Oval" LED fog lights from the Retrofit Source. They are meant for a TSX (I think) but I fit them into the OEM openings. Requires some minor trimming and messing around with the mounts on the back.

Also added some rice hood pins (my latch recently broke) and front canards from ebay that say "drift" because this is clearly a bad ass drift car. VTEC + intake means I need more downforce :vtec: :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
430,558 Posts
holy shit!! this looks awesome, great work on everything man. paint looks real nice and those lights are wow haha

i could do without the hood pins myself tho, but still sweet looking car

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

Already painted the side mirrors black.

I took these pictures before I got around to it.

I'm not a huge fan of the hood pins either, but it was a quick and easy fix when my hood latch broke. This is my daily driver so it gets the job done. The "fun" car is in the background of some of the pictures :)

·
Officially Amused ;P
5,032 Posts
its plasti dip
once small scratch can make a tear :mam:
rock ships on the freeway will ruin his front when even racing or hitting 60+ mph
just depends on how many coats you put & if you put a sealer coat
(some people did that down here & i gota admit its stupid but it kinda works)

·
Officially Amused ;P
5,032 Posts
Paint was getting rough, decided to plasti-dip the car matte white. Should be fun to keep clean. :rest

Also did my own retrofit with Morimoto H1 projectors and my own custom LED pods for day time running lights. I 3D printed the LED pods and put them in my high beam spot. They do a cool power on sequence when I turn them on (I made my own PCB to do this).

Also bought the "Acura Oval" LED fog lights from the Retrofit Source. They are meant for a TSX (I think) but I fit them into the OEM openings. Requires some minor trimming and messing around with the mounts on the back.

Also added some rice hood pins (my latch recently broke) and front canards from ebay that say "drift" because this is clearly a bad ass drift car. VTEC + intake means I need more downforce :vtec: :laughing:

btw, how & what did you use to paint it? how many coats cans/bottles? any sealant?
ive seen that plasti dip produces their DIY spray gun "which i think you used to do it" i might be wrong but this defiantly does NOT look like spray/rattle can work the work looks way cleaner than mines & i did it rattle can all the way :laughing:

flat black w/metal flakes

flat glacier frost white dont mind the futt burn

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the comments guys.

I sprayed the car with an Earlex 3500. It was a dipit.ca kit

Used 2.5 gallons of regular white plastidip (pre thinned) with no base coat and I did not put any sealer on it. I'm sure it will be a big mess in a few months but time will tell. Not sure how many coats, but it was a lot. At least 10 because the HVLP coats go on very thin compared to a spray can from my experience. I've driven it for the past week on the highway etc, and the front does not seem to be chipping off.

Don't really have any interior shots as it is pretty much stock. I added some pedals / floor mats

And built my own aluminum shift arm for the buddy club short shifter

As for the fun car...

2001 Corvette
Lots of mods, but basically 600hp supercharged LS1

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fitment on the ebay floormats is decent. Only small complaint is that it slightly covers the dead pedal as seen in the picture. If that was cut a little lower it would be perfect.

Yeah that`s a knockoff mugen pedal set for a civic, I can`t remember what year but fitment is perfect. Cheap cheap from China

1 - 20 of 32 Posts