Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to delete the rear wiper on the 02 Type-S but my son says its actually useful sometimes like on mornings with heavy dew. His complaint is that even when the blade cleans, it leaves a small viewing area, leaving the majority of the glass untouched. The manual states that it is 500mm or almost 20". Has anyone installed a larger blade in the rear or possibly know what the maximum size is that can be installed to be more effective? Thanks.
Paul

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
From outside the car, it does look like pathetic coverage, but with how horizontal that rear glass is... just wait for a rainy day. I love having it, especially in the snow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
And two more pics showing outside and inside views after the removal of morning dew.
Paul
I was thinking about doing the same thing on mine, but I question if this puts too much strain on the motor. I'm thinking especially if there is snow on the rear glass.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So get the 26" for spring through Autumn. Swap the 20" back in for winter. Takes less than a minute. Acknowledging your very valid point about motor loading. Good statement.
Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts