Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone driven one or know someone with one? I know 0-60 is 6.9 and 1/4 is 15.1 but am curious to what they are like from someone whose driven one. There happens to be 2003.5 for sale by me thats looks awesome. any input other than a flame would be nice.

·
Z is for Ghost!
1,200 Posts
I have a heavily modded one. My wife drives it. They are good cars. Suspension is EXELENT!!! They are pretty fast stock, but once you Unichip it, its a beast. Dont pay more than 16,500 for it. And if you get it, first thing, get an Injen CAI. Youll love the signature Turkey sound from the BPV.

Here are some key fetures:
2.0 ltr 16 Valve in-line-4
Garret T25 ball bearing turbo
front-wheel, 5 speed manual drive
2843 est. curb weight
Independent MacPherson struts
Racing Beat front and rear sway bars
Tokico dampers
RacingBeat springs
17" Racing Hart limited edition polished rims
Kenwood Exelon 450w system with 8" sub
LSD (I forgot what brand)

If you get the 2003:
They come in Black or Spicy Orange
They have the Mazda A-Spec bodykit with spoiler and fogs
Full Sparco interior
Calaway tuned engine.

If you get the 2003.5
They come in Yellow, Titanium, Silver, and Blue
Comes with the Mazdaspeed bodykit and no fogs
Full Mazdaspeed interior w/yellow stitching
17" Racing Hart limited edition Titanium (hyperblack) rims

These cars boost at 6.5 psi stock, but can go to 15 with proper mods on stock internals.
I hope this helps.

Ghost

·
Z is for Ghost!
1,200 Posts
1.8t said:
the tranny is horrible and the internals r weak....
Tranny is exelent with a good aftermarket clutch. I have no idea where you got that from. And the internals are good as long as you tune the engine properly. People have been blowing their engine due to lack of aftermarket support, but thats getting better with companies like Microtech, MPI, and Corksport making good EMU's for the MSP. Now You cant go and try to get 300+ on stock internals, but I have had mine pumping 225whp and 218 lbs of tourque for over a year.

·
Elite Member
4,218 Posts
mazda's trannies/internals arent the greatest in the world.

well, compared to the stock engines that some of the Toyotas comes with. 3S-GTE, 2JZ-GTE, great internals.

and yes, i've heard lots of issues with weak internals associated with the mazdaspeed protege as well.

·
Rice Boy
832 Posts
Ghost323F said:
Your avatar explains your stupid ass post. Get a life.
im sorry bud, dont get butthurt on something about small issue's like this.
it's just MAZDA's reliability just isnt on PAR against HONDA's reliability thats all, this has been proven thru decades and decades HONDA and TOYOTA stays on top and MAZDA :thumbsdow .. u just gotta accept it..

·
Z is for Ghost!
1,200 Posts
ap2_f22c1_vtec said:
im sorry bud, dont get butthurt on something about small issue's like this.
it's just MAZDA's reliability just isnt on PAR against HONDA's reliability thats all, this has been proven thru decades and decades HONDA and TOYOTA stays on top and MAZDA :thumbsdow .. u just gotta accept it..
Your a moron. Ill put my wife against whatever you got, then talk the trash. Until then all this BS that your jabberin without knowledge is WEAKSAUCE. :dontknow:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow if you got to msforums.com i think thats what it was. there was a thread about common problems and there was about 8 pages on problems with that car. even a couple
lemons. this has shown me to steer clear of this car. examples- coolant leaks, clunks, trannys, bad rotors, stereo takes a shit, cats crack at the welds and so on. thanks forr the input anyway and good luck with yours ghost.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Damn people. Ease up a bit. I've owned Mazda, Acura, Honda, and Mitsu. All have treated me quite well. It's just a matter of preference.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
i was about to get a MSP 2003.5 in lazer blue...but decided not to. recently my friend bought one...for 11,000 with a rebuild title. but its still a good car. handled great...and tuned right its capable of alot of things. but only issue i have seen with the MSP is taht the gearing of the car isnt that good for excelleration.

from what my friend said a 300+HP MSP runs like a 14.3-6 and thats not that good.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Actually I own a mazdaspeed and my worst runs are 14.3s. With a good launch I can run 13.8-13.9s on street tires. All I have done is just exhaust, intake, fmic, and boost controller at 9psi. There are msps that are running low 13s with just basic bolt ons and 12-13psi. The main problem with these cars are tuning and lsd. I blew my lsd after 26k miles.

·
Z is for Ghost!
1,200 Posts
b00stedmsp said:
Actually I own a mazdaspeed and my worst runs are 14.3s. With a good launch I can run 13.8-13.9s on street tires. All I have done is just exhaust, intake, fmic, and boost controller at 9psi. There are msps that are running low 13s with just basic bolt ons and 12-13psi.
Thank god Im not alone. Hear the facts people not the myths. WRX has a shitty tranny as well, but no one dogs them. I wonder why?

By the way I also OWN an RSX-S if you guys were wondering.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts