Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help, I bought a car and I don't have the locks to take them off and the previous owner doesn't have it either. Theres no reg card in the car at all to sign up for a mcgard account. I went to the dealership and they said that they don't sell wheel locks they only gave me a postit note of the website. Can anyone help in the western Illinois suburbs or pm me a mcgard id card so I can order a key online?:wavey::wavey:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I need help, I bought a car and I don't have the locks to take them off and the previous owner doesn't have it either. Theres no reg card in the car at all to sign up for a mcgard account. I went to the dealership and they said that they don't sell wheel locks they only gave me a postit note of the website. Can anyone help in the western Illinois suburbs or pm me a mcgard id card so I can order a key online?:wavey::wavey:
Some wheel/tire shops have keys for everything out there. I'd call around.
Those style wheel locks are not easy to get off without the key. You might have to work out a deal with the manufacturer. If you can take some pics, and prove the car is yours, they will probably help you.
Check the toolkit and spare tire area for the key, you might get lucky.

·
Registered
60 Posts
go to your nearest Honda dealership and ask the techs. they might have a bin of wheel lock keys they will let you sift thru. worse case, do what the thiefs do, get a large deep well socket that fits inside the lug nut space and hammer it on. it'll jack up the mcgard but at this point who cares. good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts