Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**Sticky this please**
DIY Guide for mechanical o2 simulator (pics taken from ephatch.com)
edit: This is only done on the secondary o2 sensor, the sensor closest to the exhaust. There is no need to do this on both sensors. No need to use the gaskets that come with the defoulers. + rep me :)

Original
**EnJaNir, http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49779&highlight=modified+foulers

Non foulers

unmodified

unmodified, soon to be bored out w/ 1/2 inch drill bit

unmodified

bored out non fouler

same bored out non fouler

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
unmodified nonfouler next to modified one

unmodified nonfouler next to modified one

sensor in modified non fouler

sensor in modified non fouler w/ unmodified nonfouler screwed on top

pic of sensor in mechanical o2 simulater

sensor in mechanical o2 sensor in testpipe

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
AWESOME! Exactly what i was looking for man. Thanks a bunch for the help, really appreciate it. CHeck cp

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey i realize this makes me a retard, but whats the purpose of boring out whatever it is you are boring out? Any performance gains or what?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so the sensor will fit

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
did anyone else have trouble boring out to 1/2"?? I was using a drill press and started w/ a 3/8" bit and got through no problem. Then i added just a few more drops of oil to lube the bit and the 1/2" bit just wouldn't go through?? That bitch heated up like a mofo and i only got it partially bored out w/ the 1/2". Do you think that the 3/8" will be enough since it's only 1/8" smaller than a 1/2?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
try it and see if the sensor fits in nicely, if not you gotta drill it out more

·
I love my rally car
15,937 Posts
onebadivtec said:
did anyone else have trouble boring out to 1/2"?? I was using a drill press and started w/ a 3/8" bit and got through no problem. Then i added just a few more drops of oil to lube the bit and the 1/2" bit just wouldn't go through?? That bitch heated up like a mofo and i only got it partially bored out w/ the 1/2". Do you think that the 3/8" will be enough since it's only 1/8" smaller than a 1/2?
i didn't have a drill press, i had a hand held drill and that shit took me 30 minute to bore. i kept pouring water on it to cool it down and drill at the same time. definately take it to a machine shop if you don't have the tools lol.

·
Registered
596 Posts
wow that is exactly what i needed to know. i was so unsure what the hell a non fouler was. but now i see how it works. it keeps the senor in but a small enough hole and far enough away wehre it only picks up a little bit of air to read, am i wrong or what

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
The JSin said:
wow that is exactly what i needed to know. i was so unsure what the hell a non fouler was. but now i see how it works. it keeps the senor in but a small enough hole and far enough away wehre it only picks up a little bit of air to read, am i wrong or what
yes, you're right. thats the point.

·
Be ViviD!
355 Posts
thrty8street said:
so the one that is being modified is the secondary o2?
Like said before, you only need to do this to the one sensor closest to the exhaust, ie the second one. The primary ie first sensor measures your A\F ratio so this won't even bother with your A\F ratio.

1 - 20 of 319 Posts