Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

301 - 319 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ive got a question. My new OBX header is designed like the comtech. 1 O2 sensor is on 1&2 the other on 3&4...which one gets the primary sensor. Which one gets the defouler?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ive got a question. My new OBX header is designed like the comtech. 1 O2 sensor is on 1&2 the other on 3&4...which one gets the primary sensor. Which one gets the defouler?
I also have the OBX v2, The bung closest to the engine is for the Primary o2 and the next one is for the Secondary o2 which requires the defouler.

Unless, like in my case, you have 05-06 Rsx w/ K'pro which requires you to have emissions checking disabled in K'pro which means the secondary o2 is non-operational, in which case I dont need a defouler. (This is only if you have K'pro)

·
Registered
14 Posts
it wont matter cause your cel will still come on anyway, i've tried it all cel eliminator through clubrsx didn't come on as often but still came on, the best luck i had which is weird is just using shell V power fuel and it didn't come on until i put shit gas back in it... But to solve this problem you have to get kpro or don't worrry about your light all it does is make your car run a bit richer to keep the enigine safe since it thinks its running lean by the code it is throwing...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Works!

Hey so i did this about about 4 months ago and my cel went off and passed 2 separate inspections- 1 at the highway patrol and 1 at a regular garage.

I was very angry when it came back on a day later but i just ignored it for a day of driving then reset the ecu. As i said its been about 4 months of driving and it has not come back on since that one incident.

Im super happy with the results.
Thanks again for the write up, and this does work

(2002 RSX type-S Manual)

·
Dreamer
16 Posts
:thumbsup: i plan on doing this when my invidia race headers come in.. Ordered the non fouler for $5.99 from autozone along with a few other things..

·
Grammar Nazi
476 Posts
Should be doing this soon. Can't wait to be rid of that damn :cel:

·
Registered
12 Posts
so basically every one or mostly everyone that has bought and installed the dc race headers have also installed a test pipe with it to eliminate the cat. I guess the people who installed this decided to keep the cat on there! Which is no good. Does anyone know if there is a special socket to take off the egr vavle. I cannot get my open end wrench to fit in there, nor over the plug end on the o2 simulator. Help!

301 - 319 of 319 Posts