Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just filled his bottle with medical grade nitrous. He has a 01 civic with a NX wet 50 shot.
He told me that this would burn cleaner, leave no odor, has no sulfer in it, increase hp and it is cheaper.

So whats the word on this stuff, anybody know.
(I'm sorry if this has been covered)

Is there any problems, risks, or potential hazards with running with this, all I know is that he pulls me hard and I can only pass him shifting into 5th at about 115 mph.

-Clay

·
Registered
314 Posts
(raises the bullshit flag)

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well lower it because that is what he has in his car.

I'm asking a legit question, don't try to flame me.

I want to know if people have heard about this.

Because it was the first that I have heard of it.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
ok, first off.

Medical grade is a controlled substance in many states. You know how bad they hit you for a few grams of crack? try a 10 lber of n2o. :laughing: In indiana, it's illegal to sell nitrous for the purpose of huffing or such.

About running cleaner? yes, as i recall, automotive nitrous has a MAX content of 15 ppm ( parts per million ) of sulfur, to discourage huffing. ( who wants to huff something that smells like bad taco bell wind ).

Cheaper? probably, because you're not going to get it legally most places, so you won't pay a mark up, or tax. You'll end up with a buddy that can fill it at his cost. I've seen regular auto nitrous from $3.20 to 4 per lb.

More power? It's a higher grade nitrous. I mean think of pump gas, you'd get cleaner and more complete combustion out of 100 octane than 87.

I've heard some people running with it. But as far as i know, there is no law in indiana against running n2o. Just no huffing laws. I think i'll pass on being thrown in jail for toting medical grade around. ( plus i'm not just in indiana, midwest meets are all over )

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's illegal in Texas, not sure of Louisiana though. We've got some pretty whack laws here. I'm going to find out tomorrow when I go to the dentist.

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WarmPepsi said:
also....... it's n2o, not no2.
Thanks for the correction, I'm a dumbass.
And as far as it being illegal, that's the first I have heard of it.
If he was operating it on the street in Texas, it would just as illegal as regular n2o, so I don't think a cop would check that out too indeepth.

Anyways thanks for responding WarmPepsi, I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of this.

-Clay

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
i heard back in college that you can get medical n2o w/ a baker's license or something true?....of course spread by ppl that huff the stuff.

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
I don't know about a baker's license.:confused: But if I remember right, the guys in Houston that were getting medical grade nitrous said that you needed some type of license to get it there. Basically only hospitals and dentists were suppose to have it.

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
did some googling. bakeries use nitrous to make whipped cream! hehe no wonder whipped cream makes me happy.

·
My butterfly bit me
1,344 Posts
krystar said:
did some googling. bakeries use nitrous to make whipped cream! hehe no wonder whipped cream makes me happy.
that is true you can even get little cO2 size cartridges of it in some cookware stores. ..don't ask me how i know this i was dumb a stupid:spin:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
yeah, they're called whippets, if i remember right. but don't think you're gonna list places to get them here guys, just fyi :wavey:

no problem man. personally, i run the normal stuff, i've never had any issues, again, i've been to tracks and they teched me as n/a ( no nitrous ) because they couldn't find my enormous 15lber in the trunk. :laughing: i had to fess up to run in my correct class.

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
hehe yea "dayum that's a powerful n/a 2.0l engine. you musta spent alot of money tuning that car"

·
JLA Bitches!
14,394 Posts
the only advantage of running medical grade n2o will be the price, if he's getting it cheaper than the automotive stuff. you won't notice the difference from medical grade and the regular stuff. It's not a big enough difference to make any power gains noticable. Also, the advantage is that if the bottle ever gets too hot and starts leaking in the car, you won't die from it, just get really high. :dontknow:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
the downside to that, is you won't know medical grade is leaking.... automotive is made to smell like shit (sulfer added at max of 15 ppm) so your dumbass doesn't huff it. it'd leak, and your car would smell like ass, so you'd get out. :laughing:

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
either it'd be the nitrous bottle leaking or pepsi had some bean burritos last nite. should plug him into the feed line :)

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
WarmPepsi said:
the downside to that, is you won't know medical grade is leaking....
Sure you would, eventually. If it was me I'd start tripping really hard, like figuring out the meaning of life and stuff. Then I would know my nitrous was leaking.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts