Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Old School
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to say that after using these coilovers for about 1 month, I'm well impressed. Those who are considering Tein or any other coilover brands. I ask you to please take my review seriously. My previous set was stock struts with Comptech springs. Since with the Comptech springs, the rear would sag and I had to get something adjustable to get the right ride height. Fortunately, around the time when I had recieved my tax returns, I read up on the Megan Coilovers. Initially they're a new company with little word of mouth. I did some google searches and they were well praised from the WRX and Evo guys. I went to the website and looked at the pictures. I was impressed by the looks of it. Though they look very expensive, they're sold for quite a good deal. I have friends with the TEIN setup and I can tell you, save your money because this is a much better setup. These are fully adjustable coilovers, with independent spring load adjustment to its strut length adjustment. Also, 32 way damper adjustment. I figure its adjustment is the same as Tein's 16 way but just divided by 2. Anyway, on with my impression.

First day when I went home from school, I immidiately opened the box. I spent quite some time looking at the welds and its build qaulity. To be honest, I was expecting less from a new company. The coilovers were just how they look on their website. That night I installed them and took a run around town. Amazing, they feel just right. About a week of driving I messed with the damper setting, and to this day, I believe I dialed in the right settings. They just feel sold. Build qaulity is superb. The camber plates and adjusment knobs are beautiful, looked like they belong on some super expensive coilover setup. For the price, you're getting a lot more than its worth. Fitment was also very precise, as everything lined up. I always try to aim for high qaulity parts for my car, and I feel like I made the right decisions with these coilovers. Also, these coilovers are full replacement. No stock parts are used, as some coilovers are like that. Feel free to ask any questions. Megan's customer service was also superb, they do listen to feedbacks. Keep it up Megan. To those who are looking for a coilover setup, I would recommend these.

·
Old School
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was in the same boat as you. I've been in this community for quite some time. I wanted the right setup with little hassle. Megan hit the spot. I originally wanted Mugens but I'm glad I got these. Mugen would've been too high for me. I hate the feeling of wasting money, but Megan made me feel otherwise.

·
Banned
758 Posts
TeK said:
good write up. but id like to read a bit more detailed comparison to the tein SS.

due to not many people will had experience with both coilover (the megan and the tein ss) its hard to provide comparison. however, i had experienced 3 different coilover, Buddy Club, JIC Magic, and Megan Racing.

Buddy Club -- great for track race use, not for daily.
JIC Magic -- good for track and daily, but not mild enough for daily.
Megan Racing -- great track race use, also great for daily. dont get me wrong, buddy club got its edge on the track.

hope it help with your concern.

andrew

·
Banned
758 Posts
JerMandy said:
andrew did you get me email?

edited: jerry, sorry i just check my email and i did receive your email.
i dont normally use that email so i only check like once a month ( too many junk mail ).

to answer your questions better, you want to hit me up on aim??
aim sn: dc5jdmwannabe

or i will try to answer your question as much as i can.

andrew

·
Registered
30 Posts
Megan Coilovers

I checked out their website, these coilovers look pretty slick. Thanks for the write up. Too bad there isn't a dealer listed closer to me on their site that I could trust to do the install. Is their anyone here in the Erie PA area that has a good mechanic that they would suggest that I look up for a job like this? Thanks for the help...........

·
Registered
302 Posts
would you mind telling me where you bought them from, i too am looking for coilovers, had my car for a while and i am ready to lower it, been lookin at tein ss pretty hard but after reading this i am very interested. i would appreciate it, thx.

·
Old School
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bluechipnl said:
I hate the name "Megan"...especially for a performance parts company...
It's not that bad once you experience their coilvers :thumbsup: . I didn't like the name at first but now I don't care. Zop Type S hooked me up with the coilovers. Contact him if you're interested.

·
Banned
758 Posts
Burgandy03 said:
I checked out their website, these coilovers look pretty slick. Thanks for the write up. Too bad there isn't a dealer listed closer to me on their site that I could trust to do the install. Is their anyone here in the Erie PA area that has a good mechanic that they would suggest that I look up for a job like this? Thanks for the help...........

you might want to look into do it yourself if you not easy to trust someone to do the install.

a coilover is fairly simple to install for people that had little mechanic work before. with some right tools, and time you should be able to do the install yourself. :thumbsup:

andrew

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.