Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
do a barrel roll!!
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting an exhaust this month and its a coin toss between the 70mm skunk2 megapower 'R' or the BC pro-spec. ive searched both but havent found a thread comparing the two, i would like to hear some opinions about both. im kind of leaning towards the skunk2. ive heard alot of bad and good things about the skunk2. also heard the skunk2 was rediculously loud but whats loud to one guy might sound nice to the next. what is everyones take on the two?

·
do a barrel roll!!
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know about the 60mm though. ive heard the optimal ID for the rsx is 2.5", it doesnt seem like you could get that deep tone with 60mm piping. ill have to look into it though, ive heard alot of good things about the HKS.

·
I Don't Even
9,180 Posts
you'll be disappointed in both of those exhausts . . .advice go HKS exhaust YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED
please explain since hi-powers are known for their bottlenecks. and i bet the turbo version has bottlenecks as well:dontknow:

i have the 2.5 id prospec and its way lighter than my old hi-power. it also sounds deeper, and yes its louder as well, only because its a straight 2.5 id w/o bottlenecks:thumbsup:

i've heard the skunk2 and its a tad bit raspy for my taste, where my pro-spec is just a very deep tone paired up to my ctrh:bow:

·
do a barrel roll!!
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:thumbsup:that sounds logical, i wish they made an exhaust called the 300hp exhaust, then i would buy it and my car would make 300 horses.

·
Select Automotive
1,146 Posts
you'll be disappointed in both of those exhausts . . .advice go HKS exhaust YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED
so let me get this right,

skunk 2 megapower = 70mm

buddy club pro spec = 65mm

hks hi power = 65 mm with bottlenecks

explain how the hks is gonna outperform either of the other exhaust? Just another HKS nutrider thinking it's the best shit out there.

·
Broke...
415 Posts
im getting an exhaust this month and its a coin toss between the 70mm skunk2 megapower 'R' or the BC pro-spec. ive searched both but havent found a thread comparing the two, i would like to hear some opinions about both. im kind of leaning towards the skunk2. ive heard alot of bad and good things about the skunk2. also heard the skunk2 was rediculously loud but whats loud to one guy might sound nice to the next. what is everyones take on the two?
wut ru doing with your car? all motor or f/i...

·
do a barrel roll!!
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all motor for right now with hopes of f/i in the next couple of years. but once i go turbo i would def switch to a 3", i just want something thats going to sound, perform, and look nice for the time being. i think im leaning towards the pro-spec, not many people have the megapower and everyone talks shit about skunk2 products so it leads me to believe that they dont put out a quality product.

·
iT's ThE vTeC mAfIa Yo!
1,259 Posts
i dont know about the 60mm though. ive heard the optimal ID for the rsx is 2.5", it doesnt seem like you could get that deep tone with 60mm piping. ill have to look into it though, ive heard alot of good things about the HKS.
my 60mm pro spec is VERY VERY deep and bassy combined with my MRRH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l92lLsYnJrE This clip was before the header when i was shorty/hi flow, the RH made a big diff...

all motor for right now with hopes of f/i in the next couple of years. but once i go turbo i would def switch to a 3", i just want something thats going to sound, perform, and look nice for the time being. i think im leaning towards the pro-spec, not many people have the megapower and everyone talks shit about skunk2 products so it leads me to believe that they dont put out a quality product.
i'll sell you my prospec for a good price, its the 60mm version tho, so 2.36 id... but if ur gonna go f/i later on that shouldnt matter, pm me if ur interested

·
2 doors > 4 doors
50 Posts
i have the 65mm pro spec and absolutely love it. its light, fitment is good (with dcrh), 2.5in ID, and i have never head a better sounding exhaust on an rsx. i've heard some bad things about skunk2's quality, and the hks bottlenecks bad. (my friend has it). plus pro spec sounds better anyway. good luck in your search.

·
DC5 Krew
2,827 Posts
just get the regular skunk 2 exhaush i have it and i love it on my car it sounds nasty in v-tec

·
do a barrel roll!!
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
appriciate the help, after further research i think im going with the pro-spec, its lighter, sounds a lil quieter and better, from what i hear made better, and is $20 cheaper on crsx, thanks though

·
Super Moderator
259,548 Posts
Everyone and their mom has an HKS exhaust :uhh:

It's fun because they actually make an exhaust for the Focus SVT...whoops :ugh2:

·
do a barrel roll!!
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got the pro-spec and put it on yesterday, the only bad thing is that it came in with 2 good sized dents in the muffler part of the exhaust. i didnt want to wait 3+ weeks to do a ups claim so i put it on anyway. sounds like pure secks and dont regret it at all. ups FTL pro-spec FTMFW.

·
2 doors > 4 doors
50 Posts
glad you like it man :thumbsup:!

·
Select Automotive
1,146 Posts
good job on picking the prospec. You wont be dissapointed with the quality/sound/performance gain of it. Sucks about the mishap with UPS though, I've never had a problem with them but I guess sometimes they make mistakes too

·
do a barrel roll!!
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah prospec was the way to go, to make matters worse, the day after i put it on a UPS guy came to my house to inspect the damaged package!:face: i was pissed but oh well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is the first im hearing that there is a bottle neck in the hks hi power 2.5 id. I really love the look and sound of the hks, but if it has a bad bottleneck, i dont want it. My second choice was the bc pro spec 65mm, and i hear nothing but good things about it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts