Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just used some of this meguairs stuff and im getting all the perforated holes filled with it. am i putting on too much, or is this a bad choice of brand?

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, its so creamy that it just clumps up a bit. then i had to go back with a toothpick and clear out each hole. thanks for the tip on lexol.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I use Meguiars too.....and it is a bitch the first time around, but there is a technique that works for me and I will share it with you.

First off Meguiars gold class leather cleaner & conditioner is very good stuff....my leather sops it up like I sop up an ice cold beer on a scorching hot day.

The technique is to apply a generous amount of leather conditioner on the side bolsters of the seat first...work it in good and re-apply...once you have worked the leather conditioner into the sides use the cloth you used for the sides on the perforated sections WITH OUT re-applying more meguiars. The cloth should have enough residue to coat the perforated sections. Make sure there are no globs of it on the cloth before you start.

I know this may sound kind of strange, and yes lexol is much easier to use, but until I use the Meguiars up...this will do.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts