Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man.. i got the meguairs leather treatment conditioner thing.. i used it on all parts of the seats.. front and back.. and then i read here.. that the back of seats are not leather??!!

so my thing is i wiped it with wet terry cloth to remove what i can from the vynal parts.. but it's still shiny now..

just wondering if one treatment with the leather conditioner on the vynal will cause any damage.. cuz that stuff seems pretty mild..

from now on i'll just use the leather stuff on the front side of seats.. and vynal stuff on the backside..

i hope it didn't cause damage..:nervous:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
p.s. has anyone gotten a definitive answer from acura about which parts are leather and which parts are not??

i did a search and it seems everybody says something different.. i'm like totally confused..

the dealer told me to use leather product on all parts of the seat.. including front and back.. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
no fear

leather conditioner will not harm ure vinyl . .

i do it all the time

·
cult member
7,010 Posts
well i dont want this to be one of those posts where we just pointlessly argue over the leather faced seats caus there is already a post on that. BUT i believe with all my knowledge that the front facings of the seats..including the side bolsters ARE in fact leather. i say this because if u take a look at the seams between the back part of the seat when it meets with the front bolster, it is a different texture and look. Also, fake leather does not wrinkle like real leather. and i am already getting wrinkles along the edges of my seat, where the real leather is. also the peforated part is leather as well.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
i think that u can feel the sides of the seats r fake leather....real leather is smooth, but the vinyl feels so dry and rough.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Leather vs. Vinyl

I just bought and used Meguiar's Rich Leather Wipes. First of all, the wipes do a great job - it removed a few light stains I had and made it look all shiny. :thumbsup: I've also read that the non-perforated parts of the seats are not leather, but I used the wipes anyway b/c the canister only said not to use it for suede. And yes, it is mild b/c I had the effluent of the wipes all over my hands and I didn't irritate them.

Too bad the wipes couldn't remove the wrinkles from the sides of the seats. Would Lexol unwrinkle it? :dontknow:

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
Lexol isn't going to remove the wrinkles. I have'em and have been using Lexol from the start. I just we're just stuck with'em :dontknow:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Wrinkles!!

That sux about leather wrinkles being permanent damage. :firemad: :firemad:

·
m0o0o0o000?
7,358 Posts
At least the meguires smells really good =P it makes me want to eat the leather =P:D

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Meguiar's

Mitzah, you want to eat the leather b/c Meguiar's makes it smell tasty? :laughing: I've probably eaten some leathery stuff too, like cafeteria burgers. :eek:

But you're right, Meguiar's makes it smell nice. :D

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Don't put Meguiar's on steering wheel

Another thing ... don't be an idiot by not following directions. The Meguiar's wipes I got said to not use it on contact surfaces. I figured "what the heck, let me clean the steering wheel. It can't be that bad." :shakehea:

Here it is about 5 days later and my hands still have a tendency to slip off the steering wheel when I turn. I should a wet towel should remove enough solution to return the steering wheel to its original friction level. :dontknow:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts