Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
sorry, officer
193 Posts
akeldama said:
has anyone tried the meguiars leather care wipes? i tried it today and it leaves a bunch of oily looking streaks on the leather... am i doing something wrong? how am i supposed to use it? thanks
I tried it too and I had the same problem! I even tried wiping it off with a damp paper towel and it didn't work! Meguire's Leather Wipes SUCK ASS! I am really pissed about this crap. :firemad:

I am going to try to get some Lexol Leather conditioner/cleaner ASAP and I suggest you do the same!

Avi

·
Registered
654 Posts
In my opinion, wipes don't work. I've tried a few different types of cleaning wipes on my cars (yes even Armor All, but not on my S) and they all work about the same and even the window wipes don't work at all.

:thumbsup:

G

·
I've always used LEXOL products. After applying it's not too shiny and will leave that nice new car leather smell. Also, the LEXOL Vinyl conditioner is far superior to Armour All and other similar products for the plastic panels.

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
Exactly.

Lexol + Vinylex = Best products for you interior!

They're only about $10 each, (you should get the lexol cleaner and the lexol conditioner) and they have spectacular results. You won't be disappointed. So what are you waiting for? Run you ass down to Pep Boys and pick some up!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Meguiar's

I used the Meguiar's leather wipes, too. The can has 25 wipes. I used one sheet for the front seats and another one for the rear bench. I did also notice the shiny streak marks, but when I scrubbed hard, it blended it well and gave a nice shine to the seats. :thumbsup:

One suggestion. Don't be an idiot like me an defy their instructions. The can says to not use the wipes in non-leather areas and surfaces where grip is required. I figured, what the hell, let me give a quick rub to the steering wheel. Well, for the next 1-2 weeks, my hands were sliding around the steering wheel when I turned. :shakehea:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.