Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Frosty said:
Since a few of you guys on here have tried it, I'm curious to know how well it's holding up for you? Do you find you have to reapply frequently, or does it last a long time?

I haven't seen it in stores up here yet.
I am sorry Frosty, I promised you guys a long term update and I haven't gotten around to it.

I am testing it on one more to find out if my findings are accurate.

Right now I know that it beads very strong in the rain for a month. When washing around week 4 it begins to sheet. The slickness is still there, but beading is nonexistant(ONLY when washing). I still think it is very much still there and protecting, but if you wants months and months of beading as a visual indication of protection....stick with zaino or Klasse SG.

I will post a long term update complete with pics soon.

I promise! :D

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Frosty, its been holding up pretty good, alot longer than meguiars gold class wax and looks better too. Also, maybe its the increased pollen in the air, but this nxt is a dust magnet. Its been three weeks since i applied it and still sheeting water and is still really slick. like mistaclean said, if you want durability, stick with SG or zaino.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Two weeks of intermiddent rain and two washes and it is beading like crazy for me still. I'm interested to see after a month what it looks like for a better idea.

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jstn said:
Frosty, its been holding up pretty good, alot longer than meguiars gold class wax and looks better too. Also, maybe its the increased pollen in the air, but this nxt is a dust magnet. Its been three weeks since i applied it and still sheeting water and is still really slick. like mistaclean said, if you want durability, stick with SG or zaino.
Dust magnet... man...
Do you think it work well as a topper? Zaino on the bottom, NXT on top, or do you forsee bonding problems?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Frosty said:
Dust magnet... man...
Do you think it work well as a topper? Zaino on the bottom, NXT on top, or do you forsee bonding problems?
i dont know about the dust, i think its just the season. tons of pollen in the air in florida right now. my allergies are killing me.

it should bond, ( i have put nxt on two cars) one car i clayed, AIO (klasse), then NXT. the other car i clayed, aio, sg, nxt. I have seen good results with both cars and had no bonding issues.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
so far soo good on my car. (been almost a week) Lots of rain, and the car still looks shiney, even though it has a fine layer of dirt from the spray off of other cars.

·
Go Hokies!!!
407 Posts
yeah i think this wax does attract a lot of dust, or maybe i can just see all the dust since i have a black car.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Frosty said:
Dust magnet... man...
Zaino on the bottom for sure IMO. I like to have the most durable product on the bottom. Obviously this is just my opinion as noone knows yet, but I think zaino will be the more durable of the two. NXT IMO will definitelt enhance the look of zaino.

Plus NXT can be used over an oily glaze like #7, #, #5, or #81. So it would surely bond to zaino.

Zaino on the other hand is a bit more finicky about bonding, not sure it would bond to the NXT. I haven't tried it, so I am just guessing here.

Did any of that make sense? :spin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
mistaclean said:
Zaino on the bottom for sure IMO. I like to have the most durable product on the bottom. Obviously this is just my opinion as noone knows yet, but I think zaino will be the more durable of the two. NXT IMO will definitelt enhance the look of zaino.

Plus NXT can be used over an oily glaze like #7, #, #5, or #81. So it would surely bond to zaino.

Zaino on the other hand is a bit more finicky about bonding, not sure it would bond to the NXT. I haven't tried it, so I am just guessing here.

Did any of that make sense? :spin:
Doing some research brought this website, excellent resources!

From Wash'n, protecting, polishing products, to knowledgeable people and resources....

Bought a Honda '04 Civic Coupe - FijiBlue paint and couldn't help but notice similar in color it is to your Coupe, Mistaclean...

Been about 5 years and have been out of the loop on how to care and keep the exterior of any car clean so these posts are a great find...

The only thing I'm new to is those #'ing systems you use as well as the applicators used in applying buffing the car.. New to the whole terminology really in how to keep a car looking new.....

Could you assist? Because its surely rediculous in paying someone $10.00 to wash the outside of a car every time.

Have alot of catching up to do regarding, keeping dust off the car, cleaning n washing it, polishing, drying.. Etc...

Will grab a puchase of the NXT.

Thanks.

·
Registered
637 Posts
autos_r_art said:
Doing some research brought this website, excellent resources!

From Wash'n, protecting, polishing products, to knowledgeable people and resources....

Bought a Honda '04 Civic Coupe - FijiBlue paint and couldn't help but notice similar in color it is to your Coupe, Mistaclean...

Been about 5 years and have been out of the loop on how to care and keep the exterior of any car clean so these posts are a great find...

The only thing I'm new to is those #'ing systems you use as well as the applicators used in applying buffing the car.. New to the whole terminology really in how to keep a car looking new.....

Could you assist? Because its surely rediculous in paying someone $10.00 to wash the outside of a car every time.

Have alot of catching up to do regarding, keeping dust off the car, cleaning n washing it, polishing, drying.. Etc...

Will grab a puchase of the NXT.

Thanks.
Spend a few days reading and searching these forums. A world of knowledge.
www.autopia.org

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
O i bought a bottle of it and didnt know what i was buying hehe.Its the really good smelling one right has a pic of a cartoon rx-7.I used it and car looks o so blue havent seen the bead affect though but car looks hot hot hot

·
Registered
432 Posts
Four weeks with a bunch of rain and still beading like crazy. Shine is as good as when I first did it. I used mother's reflections synthetic polish before the NXT so I don't know how much that effected it.

It probably did help it "bond."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts