Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
my body all over ur body
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I go down to this wash area and wash my car where everyone else does. So Im waxing my car (meguiars) and this guy comes up to me and says hey I noticed your using meguiars, and I said YA. He said how he used to be a detailer and how meguiars is the best wax to use. He also said I was waxing my car wrong? He said the right way to wax your car is panel by panel. He said wax should only stay on for no more than a min. I was like what! But Im doing it his way. I thought I would share what he said.

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
mistaclean said:
Every wax/sealant is different, some require very little set up time, others need hours.

The information that he gave you was vague at best.
I agree. Some waxes require you to apply to the whole car before removing and some waxes require that you just do a little area before wiping off. Each wax is made of different ingrediants so some waxes take longer then others to set. As for meguiars being the best? well that's an opinion in my book. All waxes enhance shine and protect. What you have to do is find a wax that works with how you like to wax your car. Not only that but some waxes work better on some colors then others. Some waxes last longer then others and some aren't even waxes but polymer(sylicone). Me personally have a black rsx that I use Mothers carnuba cleaner wax on. To me it seems to be the best type os shine for that particular color. Now on my jeep it is dark green. On that I prefer the look of the Zaino Z2. It's all what works best with you. I can sit here and tell you all day long that mothers is better but you might have a white car and think that meguiars works better. They all do there job. Just gotta find which wax you and your car like!

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Waxes are all different as has been stated. You really should be following the directions that came with the wax. I'm sure the guy had good intentions...or he was trying to show off what he thought to be his superior wax knowledge. Heh.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
I'd do it by panel also.. but i do group of panels.. maybe.. tops first.. then sides.. then fback.. then front

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
EternalBlue said:
superior wax knowledge. Heh.

thats brilliantly funny . .. at least to me . .. im sitting here laughing at the idea of that ..

see, ive stopped people in the auto parts section making bad decisions and steered them to something else . .. in the aisle at the time..

they must also have thought I had superior wax knowledge - or was just a NUT . .. :drink: :spin:

·
Registered
435 Posts
I fell in love with the look and protection from Zymol Concour wax ($133). It cost a pretty penny, but the results were amazing, I can't really say how it holds up yet, I've had it on my RSX for 3 weeks now, and it doesn't go out in the rain. Field Glazed it once to clean it, but havn't washed it yet. But the deep wet look, and shine are amazing. Looks 10x better then when I bought it from the dealer and drove it home with there "detail" job. This past week I used clay/Zymol pre-wax (HD-Cleanse)/NXT on my Integra, and besides the chips and dings, the shine and feel are amazing also. NXT for the money is a great product. (And extremely easy to work with, a little too easy)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Oh yea, forgot to mention out of all that, follow the directions. But no matter the wax I use, I apply and wipe off panel by panel. If you go around half the car, or the whole thing waxing it, and then go back around to buff off the dried wax, it's 10x more work. And for most waxes I've used, you only need to let it set for as little as 20 seconds till a minute or 2. But in some cases other types of waxes will require longer times to have it set to perform optimally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts