Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just got done swapping my motor mounts out for stock ones when I took my race header off and now every time I go over a bump I hear a clanging sound like metal on metal. At first i thought my sway bar was having clearance issues but I already swapped it out and that doesn't seem to be the case. I did have to drop the sub frame when I did the front mount so I'm thinking I didn't put something together properly. Tomorrow I'm just going to take the sway off and see if that fixes it. I think it's the sway bar because when I first put my race header on I had the stock sway on and they made contact with each other and it sounds exactly like that so..... If anyone has any suggestions on where else to check lemme know. Thanks again.

·
Registered
16,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got done taking the sway completely off and the noise is still there...... I guess i'm gonna unbolt the sub frame and see if it's coming from there..... any suggestions?

·
Registered
16,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fixed..... The motor mount and motor weren't in line. All I had to do was jack up the motor a bit and everything fell in place. Wish I didn't already take everything apart......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts