Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Its hard to make a reasonable offer with it priced too high...by definition, my offer would seem to be "low-balling" you.
Please stop it. You go into every thread posting negative comments about a sellers pricing. Guess what, it's his vehicle so he has the right to determine what price he feels comfortable listing the car at...Plain and simple, if you don't have the funds to purchase a car at the listed price keep the comments to yourself.

·
SA town represent!
744 Posts
Please stop it. You go into every thread posting negative comments about a sellers pricing. Guess what, it's his vehicle so he has the right to determine what price he feels comfortable listing the car at...Plain and simple, if you don't have the funds to purchase a car at the listed price keep the comments to yourself.
Nah, I'm good...

·
SA town represent!
744 Posts
God damn...I hate when KBB and Edmunds are soooooo different. It's a little ridiculous...

My bad...I was looking at Edmunds and the TMV is (I'm finding) often lower than KBB by a significant amount.
But, the TMV is closer to actual final selling price than KBB.

With that said, $6500 is reasonable based on KBB...edmunds had it priced around $5.5k. That's why I was saying my offer would come in a little too low.

Would you take $5.5k

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
God damn...I hate when KBB and Edmunds are soooooo different. It's a little ridiculous...

My bad...I was looking at Edmunds and the TMV is (I'm finding) often lower than KBB by a significant amount.

With that said, $6500 is reasonable based on KBB...edmunds had it priced around $5.5k. That's why I was saying my offer would come in a little too low.

Would you take $5.5k
I don't use TMV because it varies greatly based on area, and there no is NO MENTION what-so-ever about mileage and/or condition. When you appraise a car on TMV it just asks your area and your car and gives you ONE overly generalized price. According to TMV if I have 2 Honda Preludes both 2001, but one has 200k miles and the other has 10k miles, their "true market value" will both be $5770, which is completely garbage. And that is why the industry does not use TMV. They do not ask about condition of the car or mileage or options, which are HUGE factors that affect the value of a car. TMV in my opinion is not a reliable source because it does not take those things into consideration. I tend to use KBB and NADA because that is what the banks and the consumer car industry uses. Unfortunately NADA does not have a value for private party resale, so I have to go with KBB. But in response to your offer, I will not sell my car for $5500, TMV says the "true market value" of my car is $5770 for my zip code. Considering that it is low miles, a rare color, and bone stock I am willing to sell it for $5800.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Would you take $5.5k
As a side note, I was checking out more cars on edmunds' TMV website. The TMV SEVERELY devalues cars and is EXTREMELY vague. Rare popular cars like the Impreza STI, EVO, MazdaSpeed3, are severely underpriced by the TMV. One thing I found quite upsetting, being a ClubRSX member and former RSX-S owner, a 2006 RSX Type S has a "true market value" of a little over $13000, once again, REGARDLESS OF MILEAGE AND CONDITION. I suggest you stop using Edmunds' TMV system, it is very vague and extremely skewed.

·
SA town represent!
744 Posts
I don't use TMV because it varies greatly based on area, and there no is NO MENTION what-so-ever about mileage and/or condition. When you appraise a car on TMV it just asks your area and your car and gives you ONE overly generalized price. According to TMV if I have 2 Honda Preludes both 2001, but one has 200k miles and the other has 10k miles, their "true market value" will both be $5770, which is completely garbage. And that is why the industry does not use TMV. They do not ask about condition of the car or mileage or options, which are HUGE factors that affect the value of a car. TMV in my opinion is not a reliable source because it does not take those things into consideration. I tend to use KBB and NADA because that is what the banks and the consumer car industry uses. Unfortunately NADA does not have a value for private party resale, so I have to go with KBB. But in response to your offer, I will not sell my car for $5500, TMV says the "true market value" of my car is $5770 for my zip code. Considering that it is low miles, a rare color, and bone stock I am willing to sell it for $5800.
That's not true at all...it adjusts for mileage, but I think it takes mileage into higher account than kbb does. It often adds large amounts to the value for low miles, but high mile vehicles get dinged just as bad. When you do TMV, you click "appraise your car" and then it lets you enter all of the info (mileage, color, condition, etc) and then it breaks it down and shows you where the value was lost or gained.

·
SA town represent!
744 Posts
Here, I took the liberty of doing it for you. Correct me on any details that I got incorrect. I used textedit to cut out some random stuff on the page...but I didn't alter the figures.

You will notice that the "$5770" that you came up with was the base price for a dealer...not private party.

But because your mileage is low, edmunds adds value to your car.

With that said, its obviously very different than KBBs pricing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here, I took the liberty of doing it for you. Correct me on any details that I got incorrect. I used textedit to cut out some random stuff on the page...but I didn't alter the figures.

You will notice that the "$5770" that you came up with was the base price for a dealer...not private party.

But because your mileage is low, edmunds adds value to your car.

With that said, its obviously very different than KBBs pricing.
I don't know what website you're looking at bro. Totally not what I found at all. Check my screenshot, that's for my zip code, 48906. Website I used is Edmunds.com and it clearly says TMV at $5770. I didn't see anywhere on edmunds that allowed you to put mileage, color, and condition like you did and listed all sale prices like you did.

Sale Pending BTW

Attachments

·
SA town represent!
744 Posts
I don't know what website you're looking at bro. Totally not what I found at all. Check my screenshot, that's for my zip code, 48906. Website I used is Edmunds.com and it clearly says TMV at $5770. I didn't see anywhere on edmunds that allowed you to put mileage, color, and condition like you did and listed all sale prices like you did.

Sale Pending BTW
lol...you see where you circled the price in red and underlined the price? Directly below that is a BIG BLUE button that says "appraise your car"...click it and you will get where you need to be to put in the info.
:thumbsup:

GLW current Sale pending. If it doesn't go through, hit me up.

Edit: Noticed you are on a mac...kudos for a fellow mac user. lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol...you see where you circled the price in red and underlined the price? Directly below that is a BIG BLUE button that says "appraise your car"...click it and you will get where you need to be to put in the info.
:thumbsup:

GLW current Sale pending. If it doesn't go through, hit me up.
Ah I see, nice thanks. I'll let you know if the deal falls through.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts